Olympus M.Zuiko 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II - Best Budget Super Telephoto?

0 Comments
I found the Olympus M.Zuiko 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II in the used marketplace at such irresistibly low price I just had to nab it. I paired it with the OM System OM-1 and brought them to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. This was my first time shooting the Olympus 75-300mm II lens on the OM-1, I tested the lens on other cameras previously. Obviously I never owned the lens, I borrowed it from Olympus Malaysia, when they still existed and I was heavily involved with them. Even today, I think the Olympus 75-300mm II is the best budget super telephoto zoom lens available for Micro Four Thirds. It is so small and light, a truly compact lens for having such a long reach of 600mm in 35mm equivalent format, and the optical quality is also nothing to scoff at. I wish OM Digital Solutions would update this lens with weather-sealing, and perhaps improved optics with brighter aperture opening, say F4-5.6 instead of F4.8-6.7, that would have been awesome. I did a video showing POV view through my viewfinder shooting with the Olympus 75-300mm II lens, you can find it here (click). 































Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: