The Quiet Christmas For Me, and I Got Myself A Present

13 Comments
To all you beautiful people, have a Merry Christmas! I wish you a blessed and joyous celebration, full with great food and even greater company.

After coming home from the South Africa trip 2 weeks ago I have had back to back shoots, multiple Olympus official workshops and walkabouts as well as numerous meetings that I did not really have much chance to catch my breath. Even on Christmas Eve itself, I have had an almost full day outdoor pre-wedding portrait shoot which was super fun, but exhausting at the same time. I have had an incredible plan for my Christmas Day, and the plan is to "Do Nothing" for the whole day.

Got myself overpriced cup of coffee, hipster brunch, classic horror novel and a laptop to distract me from time to time, it was the perfect day for me. The screen shows a preview of the pre-wedding portrait shoot I did yesterday!

"Do Nothing" means, not meeting anyone, not doing any work and basically just chill and relax for the whole day. I thought this would be the best time to finish up the Pet Sematary which I have had for a while now. All I needed was some good coffee (all good coffee is overpriced in KL) and I can just let the hours slip by easily. This was the much needed me time, and I I plan to slow things down toward the end of the year. 

I understand that Christmas is pretty much the family time of the year for most people in the world, but me coming from a traditional Chinese upbringing, our festive celebration Chinese New Year is when we gather with our families and relatives. Being so close to each other, Chinese New Year 2019 will be in early February 2019, hence I decided not to travel home this time around for Christmas. I do however look forward to going home for Chinese New Year very soon and spend some quality time with mum. 

Oh and to celebrate not only Christmas, but also my birthday (I am a Boxing Day child), I got myself an early present. 

I got myself the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm F1.2 PRO lens!

I admit I have had this lens for about 2 months now, and I have been wanting to buy one for more than a year already. While my favourite of all Olympus primes would be 45mm, I acknowledge that the most used lens, both for my commercial shoots as well as personal shutter therapy sessions is the 25mm F1.8. Hence it was only natural that I would upgrade to the incredible F1.2 version. I have been using this lens a lot lately and I cannot wait to share more images with you beautiful people. Also, I will have a dedicated blog entry about the Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f1.2 PRO lens. 

Did you buy anything to add into your camera bag during the holiday seasons? I hope you have had a wonderful celebration! I shall have one or two more blog entries before I wrap the blog up for 2018. 




13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas back, Robin. Isn't it wonderful how we can feel connected to people all over the world who's calendar has entirely different festive days?
    Here in the UK, this is the one day where everything slows down and most shops are closed.
    As for Christmas presents to oneself: That 25mm/1.2 looks great, I'd love to give it a try. (I have the PanaLeica 1.4).
    As for my own present - I got myself a pack of really nice A3+ sized cotton rag inkjet paper.
    Have a great Christmas, all!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wonders of Internet! Wow, a new printer that prints up to A3+ size, thats amazing! That will go to the top of my buying list soon.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Robin!
    No self-gifting any digital imaging gear this year. Maybe in 2019. I'd like to get an OMD-EM1 and at least one PRO lens.
    I did get myself a typewriter though.
    Have a Great 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Bill, and an OM-D with a PRO lens sounds just perfect! But why a typewriter though? Nostalgia?

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas!!!
    I wish buy a Nikon Prime lens 50mm or 85mm f/1.8 soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, both the 50mm and 85mm F1.8 lenses for Nikon are must haves!

      Delete
  4. Can’t wait to see the photos from the 25mm f1.2 PRO lens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cooking fast. Shall be sharing them soon.

      Delete
  5. Hi Robin, glad you enjoyed your trip to Madikwe. As a South African I was mildly jealous and just love the bush. Can't wait to see your 25mm pics. Wishing you a Happy Birthday and everything you wish yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madikwe was such an awesome place!!! Now I am jealous that you live in South Africa! Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  6. Hi Robin, what laptop do you use for photo editing?

    ReplyDelete