The Camera Died, But I Kept On Shooting

0 Comments
It was in December 2023 that I went on a weekend out of Kuala Lumpur with a few friends, and I brought along the Fujifilm XF1. I intended to do some street shooting with the XF1, and the camera died on me halfway through the session. There was the infamous "Lens Error" and after about 2 hours of troubleshooting to get the camera to work again, I gave up. Instead, for the rest of the session, I whipped out my smartphone (then, I was using Asus Zenfone 8) and continued with my shutter clicking action. Of course the smartphone was not as good as a dedicated camera, no comparison here, but it was still alive and was able to shoot images. Instead of whining and feeling dejected for the rest of my trip, I decided to take up the challenge of using the inferior phone, and enjoyed the walk and shoot session with my friends. Here are just a handful of shots from that session. Chase Jarvis was right, the best camera is indeed the one you have with you. 
























Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: