I brought the OM System PEN out around the city area of Kuala Lumpur to shoot some night scenes for my initial review of the camera. I intentionally wanted to test the 5-Axis Image Stabilization of the camera. OM Digital Solutions claimed 5.5EV stops effectiveness at the center and 4.5EV stops at the corners, and they numbers are quite conservative. I could easily hand-hold the camera down to 4 seconds shutter speeds and get away with sharp results consistently, shooting at wide angle (9mm and 14mm). To be honest anything more than 1-2 seconds shutter speed I'd rather just use a tripod for long exposure works, but the powerful stabilization helps to boost confidence in nailing the shots taken at, say 1/30 second, or even down to 1/2 second shutter speeds. To me, I cannot live without the image stabilization these days, definitely a must have feature in a modern camera.
Please support me & keep this site going:









