Pentax K-01 In Kuching!

2 Comments
During my recent trip back to Kuching, Borneo during the Chinese New Year festivities earlier this year, I managed to squeeze a bit of time for shutter therapy action. I went out with my friend Kieron Long to the streets of Kuching and had a casual street shooting session. The local folks were really friendly, I got some very nice portraits of Kuching strangers, and you know what, we even got invited to have coffee with them! All that and more in my latest POV style video here (click). I brought home the Pentax K-01 and I thought it was quite a fun camera to use - I love its quirky design, the challenges to operate and oh, the super awesome colors the camera renders! The 40mm pancake that came with the camera was not too shabby either, producing sharp enough results, and the unusual 60mm equivalent focal length was a joy to use. I had an issue, I brought back the wrong charger, not sure how that happened (not even sure how I got two Pentax chargers, since I only have one Pentax camera) and I had limited battery charge left, but it lasted the entire session and I had so much fun, shooting on the streets of Kuching! I know I have been receiving some unreasonable complains about my images showing too many males, well, you know what, here are some females this time. 

Thank goodness for the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 - making POV video is so much easier now. 

Kuching city, the old market area. 

A lady in Gambir Street

The new Floating Mosque

Love the matching headscarf vs the columns

Close up portrait

Outside the Open Air Market

Portrait of another young lady

Hoarding at old Brooke's Dockyard

Spice seller at Gambir Street

Portrait of another stranger

Gambir Street

Another portrait couldn't hurt!

Please support me & keep this site going:


2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos as always, Robin! The video also provided a nice view into the exercise, with your subjects being pleasantly accommodating, and I didn't realise until I saw the video that the picture of the lady in the shop was taken through the glass, making the result even more remarkable.

    What did your coffee companions make of your shutter therapy and vlogging? Nice that it gives people with different experiences and perspectives the opportunity to interact with and learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, appreciate the kind words. I think these people do not really care about what we do, they are maybe amused that we walk around with cameras and quite frankly not many people do that in a small town such as Kuching.

      Delete