I have owned the Olympus M.Zuiko 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II for quite some time now, but I never brought it out to shoot some birds. At the same time, whenever I was doing insect macro photography at the usual local hiking trail, I always spotted some beautiful birds chirping away, and I wished I had my long lens with me. The reason I left the long lens behind was to fully focus on shooting macro and I needed the focus to get good shots. I told to myself I must return some day with the long lens and shoot the birds, and finally this time I did. Bear in mind, I am not a birder, I never done any birding except in the zoo-like environment of KL Bird Park, so this was all new to me. As a beginner, I found the Olympus 75-300mm II to be just the right lens - small, light, easy to handle and the optical performance is quite good. I paired it with OM System OM-1 and I think I got some good shots - being a noob! I also did a video to share my thoughts here (click).
Please support me & keep this site going:
.jpg)













