The Star Trail Over Perth's Crawley Edge Boatshed

0 Comments
When I was studying in Perth, Western Australia the blue boathouse, or more prominently known as Crawley Boatshed was just a stone throw away from my University. I sew it almost every day, if I have to go to the city, and back to Nedlands where I stayed. I have seen it so often that it never occurred to me of how special the boathouse was, and it seemed like a popular spot for wedding photography, and now an iconic spot for tourists to take a selfie at. I never paid much attention to it, until I left Perth, and started my photography journey more seriously, and I found out how incredibly beautiful that boatshed was. The visiting years returning to Perth for friend's weddings and visiting other friends, I brought my camera to take some shots of the Crawley Boatshed. Special thanks to Charmaine and Chris who hosted me in 2019, I managed to take a night sky shot of the boathouse with long exposure of 45 minutes, creating star trail in the background. This is my favourite shot of the Crawley Boatshed, and the only one I have taken at night. 

45 minutes long star trail. Olympus E-M1 Mark II on a tripod. Shot using Live Composite. 
We sould have stayed longer but we noticed thick clouds approaching the frame very quickly. 

My favourite sunset photo. The Perth skies were always clear and void of clouds. Hence the presence of cloud added a rare texture to the sky

Crawley Boatshed, a popular spot for wedding photography. Yes I am also guilty of using the location to shoot some wedding portraits. 

Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: