Fujifilm Launches GFX100S II and X-T50 in Malaysia

0 Comments
Special thanks to my friend Jaya, I managed to sneak into the official launch of Fujifilm' latest products, the GFX100S II and X-T50. Obviously as I have said many times, I am not important enough to be invited directly for anything camera related. I am not exactly a media blogger and I don't do press releases or announcements, I have never done any here on my blog. This is a photography blog and honestly I don't want it to turn into a media site, hence I guess I shall never get invited to any of these launch events. Nevertheless, since I was there, I had a great time catching up with many friends I have not met in a while within the Fuji active community (Calven, Qippy, Arthur from DCM, TJ, some media and dealer friends). It also felt a little strange because the week before the launch of X-T50 I already made my first impression video on the camera, which was made available for touch and try by consumers in dealer shops. Anyways, it was a fun, exciting event and I was happy to be there, observing. Fuji indeed has come a long way, and they have carved their own unique position in the market. Here are some images from the event. 

Fujifilm's latest medium format offering: GFX100S II

View from 38th floor of Ilham Tower, KL

Some important people from Fujifilm Malaysia

Why do we need pretty models who have nothing to do with the cameras being on stage holding the said cameras?

It was a packed crowd, and in this image alone I can spot about half a dozen or more people that I know

Photographer sharing session. 

Some weird leatherette texture thing wrapping the camera

Does size matter? Medium Format, larger than full frame?

The X-T50 which I have already shared my first impression video, filmed a week before the event and published a few days before. Kinda weird coming to a product release when I have already had my hands on it. 

My man Jaya, thanks dude for the invite! You rock!

Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: