The Coffee Academics, Kuala Lumpur

1 Comments
A few days ago I was invited by Bihzhu as her plus one to a launching of a new cafe in town, The Coffee Academics. As a coffee and food lover, I just could not say no. We arrived early and was served a variety of food and drinks to try, and I enjoyed every single dish served that evening. Coffee was really amazing too, and who cares if I can't sleep right? There is always the next video to edit, or more photos to post-process. Jokes aside, if you really are in Bukit Bintang area, do check out the newly opened The Coffee Academics at Pavilion, KL and I am sure you will love their coffee and food too!

I have a vlog of the evening, you can find my video here (click). 

I brought along my Canon 5D classic and 50mm F1.8 lens for some random snapshots, I did not plan to do anything crazy, hence I did not have my full Olympus setup with me. I just wanted a few quick portraits of Bihzhu, and of course a few quick shots of the food and drinks so I can share them here. Since 50mm was not exactly wide enough to cover the environmental shots, I delegated wide angle shooting to my new trusty phone with 1 inch image sensor, the Sharp Aquos R6, which did more than an adequate job in handling some interior low light shots. For close up video footage of the food and drinks, I also used the Sharp R6 (my action camera can't go close up) and the video that came out from the phone was clean despite shooting in low and poor light, and richly detailed with natural looking colors. I must say, getting the Sharp R6 was a great decision! All the close up video shots in the vlog (food and drinks) were taken on the Sharp R6 phone. 

Special thanks to Bihzhu again for having me, I had such a wonderful time and I will definitely visit The Coffee Academics again in near future with my other friends, just for a chill hangout session!

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Sharp Aquos R6

Sharp Aquos R6

Sharp Aquos R6

Sharp Aquos R6

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Canon 5D & 50mm F1.8

Please support me & keep this site going:


1 comment:

  1. Impressive drone shots in the video, Robin! I thought that drone flying had become a bit more restricted in some places, even with things like licences and permits available, but I can't say I follow this kind of thing personally: it's just nice to see great aerial footage.

    As for being +1 on a visit to caffeine academia, were they offering a doctorate programme? :-)

    ReplyDelete