40mm POV Street Photography

1 Comments
I have been receiving very positive comments on my previous few POV style street photography videos, so I did another one, this time shooting with a 40mm lens. I was curious about the 40mm hype - Nikon, Sony and Olympus released 40mm lenses or equivalent all within the past one year, and then there was the Ricoh GR IIIx. I wanted to take a closer look at this awkward focal length so I found a really cheap, used Canon 40mm F2.8 pancake lens in good condition, and tested it in a photowalk on my Canon 5D. I went out roaming KL streets with Amir and Azul and got some shots which I am sharing here in this blog entry. I needed a few more outings and more experience with the 40mm focal length before I can share my thoughts and experience shooting with it. 

POV street photography video with Canon 40mm F2.8 Pancake lens here (click). 
















Azul and Amir attacking the streets together with me. 



Please support me & keep this site going:


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I like that... Closer to your subjects (I think - what is your normal lens for street work? Shorter than 40?). More 'immediacy'

    ReplyDelete