'BIHZHU - CHENDERING' Music Video Behind The Scenes Photos

0 Comments
In December 2021 I was involved with a local production of a music video for Bihzhu's new single Chendering. Bihzhu is a dear friend whom I have shot on stage numerous times over the past several years. My job this time was to shoot behind the scenes photos and videos for the production. Chendering was originally a song by the late legendary Malaysian musician Jimmy Boyle that inspired Bihzhu to reimagine her own version of the song. Bihzhu has just released two videos - the official music video for her own version of Chendering and a documentary about the original artist Jimmy Boyle and the song itself. The video footage that I captured was featured in the documentary video, and I am sharing selected behind the scenes images from this shoot in this blog entry!

Do check out these new videos from Bihzhu!
You will find my name appearing in the end credits too! Which was cool, and has not happened in a while. 

Creative Director: Chris Lim
Set Designer + Photographer: @danieladamsphotography
Set Assistant: @emajor7
Styling: @hellostyllar
Assisted by: @sitiaisyaahh
Wardrobe: @falasyqn.label | @wardrobe.privato
HMUA: @mandyleighxmua
Director of Photography: @whoisravinp
Production Assistant: @akmalamzan
Editor: @imyourdedy
BTS photographer + videographer: @shutter.therapy

Some technical information about the shoot. The shoot was done in two different locations, first in a crazy enormous mansion, and second in a studio space. I tried to not get in the way of the official cinematographers and their crew going their things, and that was not an easy thing for me, in case you don't know I don't have a small body size. The shoot went on for two full days, the first was for all the members of the band, and second only for Bihzhu. I was there from the early setup to make-up and overall shoot. It was really fun hanging with Bihzhu and all her band mates, they were all talented people, super passionate about their craft and they inspired me to be a better version of myself. I do need to surround myself with more of such positive vibes that I can feed on. 

I used my Olympus OM-D gear. The main camera was E-M1 Mark III, I had the E-M1 Mark II in the bag as a back up. I used 45mm F1.8 and 12-40mm PRO most of the time. I did bring out the 75mm F1.8 for some shots. In some situations, I needed to push the ISO up to 3200, but that was not an issue, the OM-D handled these scenes splendidly. There were mixed lighting so I had to shoot RAW and post-processed the images individually. It was a breeze working with Olympus AF, there was also not too much movement and overall, it was not too much of a technical challenge for this job. 

I hope you enjoy these shots!


































Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: