$200 Ricoh GR IIIX Alternative - Sony NEX-6 & TTArtisans 27mm

0 Comments
Ricoh GR III series cameras have gained a cult following status, but each of them would cost above USD1000, which is not on the affordable range for low income earners. I always say that we don't have to break the bank to enjoy photography, thus I am looking at a budget alternative setup for the GR IIIX. I found an old Sony NEX-6 camera for about USD120, and I paired it with TTArtisans 27mm F2.8 AF also from the used market at about USD80. The combo costs less than USD200, yet it delivers great results, and can do a few things better than the GR IIIX itself - the combo has built in EVF, tilt screen, longer battery life, can change lens and more comfortable handling. I won't deny that the GR IIIX is truly pocketable, and the newer image sensor and modern tech brought in some advantages in image output and overall camera performance, but it is also asking for a lot more. I explored the merits of the budget GR IIIX alternative combo in my latest video, you can check it out here. 

In this blog entry, I am sharing images from the streets of Kuala Lumpur, all taken with the Sony NEX-6 and TTArtisans 27mm F2.8 AF lens. More images to be shared in subsequent blog entries soon. 
















Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: