Answering Missed Questions from Rob Trek's Live Stream!

1 Comments
Several days ago I went live on Rob Trek's channel as a guest, and what a fun session that was! We talked about why I don't use full frame, a bit of my past as an Olympus employee, a bit of what we want to see in the future of Olympus cameras, and of course a lot of photography talk as well revolving photography projects, curation and how to be a better photographer in general. Rob is such a sport to have me on board, so special thanks to Rob Trek! As most live session goes, we could not answer every single one of the questions asked, so I have looked back at the chat log, and here I shall reply the ones that we have missed out!

In case you missed it, the live stream can be found on Rob's channel here (link to video). 

My response will be in bold RED


11:09 AM
Wudang Academy
TO OUR VIEWERS --> HIT LIKE BUTTON

11:09 AM
David Tellet
+1 for Atterberg limits

11:09 AM
Arthur R McPhee
I enjoy post processing just as much as capturing the images. I consider it's a part of photography. But I come from the days of film

11:10 AM
David Crooks
GPS takes power

11:10 AM
Randy
@steven Page not true, I shoot raw, so post is required

11:10 AM
Adam Favre
robin - isn't the tethering removal a little more product line differentiation also?
As I have explained in the live stream, not in this case. Olympus removed the tethering simply because no one used it in the E-M5 Mark II. If more people used tethering, and it was a more popular feature, Olympus will keep it. We did not know the pandemic was going to hit, and webcam is a huge demand before that. 

11:10 AM
Peter Forsgård
The tethered is important for the Web cam use. I disagree with Robin on this one. There should be tethering.
Peter, I did not say tethering is not important. I said, it was not used by Olympus users during E-M5 Mark II, leading to the decision of Olympus removing it from E-M5 Mark III. OM-D Webcam is also a new feature. If Olympus can predict the pandemic is coming of course they will still include the tethering. 

11:10 AM
Dave Nelson
@Wudang Academy Actually, some of the pictures I have modified with FotoSketcher have ended up being some of my favorites.... the result is a surprise as there is no before the fact image to see...

11:10 AM
Nature with Music
@Randy Yes Just nice for you or me to know where we went and saw the image. DO not tell anyone else ha ha!!!

11:10 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
shout JPEG and Art Filter !!!!:goodvibes:

11:10 AM
Randy
@Nature with Music cuts down on the crowd eh? 🙂

11:10 AM
Dave Nelson
JPEG IS A VIRUS!!! Shoot RAW!!!!

11:11 AM
Arthur R McPhee
@Randy I am too a RAW shooter

11:11 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
Dave haha

11:11 AM
Jeff Paynter
@John Yutzey, me too 👍

11:11 AM
David Tellet
I wish Olympus could have the star tracking (with GPS) that Pentax has.

11:11 AM
Randy
actually, JPGs have had real viruses attached to them :O

11:11 AM
Roman K.
GPS would be like SIRI on Iphone, good gimmik to try 1-2 times and then never use it again

11:11 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Dave Nelson - Real photogs don't do JPEGs haha

11:11 AM
Nature with Music
@Randy Yes for sure. I only go out on my own or with a friend from photo club. Do not want other people around me particularly when trying to do wildlife!!!

11:11 AM
Will L
I don't need a GPS if there was a feature which allows me to provide location manually. E.g. turn camera on in the morning - ask me if I want to enter city/vacation spot - done, move on.

11:12 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Dave Nelson a bit harsh, a RAW image is dull and lifeless, it needs processing to bring it to life

11:12 AM
Randy
@Roman K. I don't see why the em1x can't do that, all the hardware is there 🙂

11:12 AM
David Crooks
I think tether is a pro feature. I don’t think consumers need it
That was my point exactly!

11:12 AM
Robin Dessureau
I like the GPS cause it links to google maps and reminds me where I was taking it within a 3 foot radius, and yes it does drain the battery.
I think the battery issue was a problem, hence most cameras (not just Olympus) don't include GPS. 

11:12 AM
Lysippus
Disclosure, just bought a second hand OMD EM 5 MK 2 for tellering. There is always one. 😇

11:12 AM
Adam Favre
they didn't used to.... we loved it.... but probably not a great business decision .... great for fans

11:12 AM
Peter Forsgård
The lack of tethering in E-M5 MKIII is the biggest thing that I have gotten complaines about.
If there was no Pandemic, and we don't need to use webcam so much these days, do you think people will still complain? No one can predict the Covid situation. I wish Olympus included everything too, but they also have to make realistic business decisions. 

11:12 AM
Jonathan Tandy
what are you alldoing
Trying to stay alive

11:12 AM
Trevor
@steven Page It's not always possible to take a perfect shot,,, i.e. a street light or sign that's impossible to remove in the original composite
Photo manipulation (removing or adding content into the original image) is not wrong, but it is also branching off what photography is - capturing what is originally there. 

11:12 AM
Dave Nelson
@Arthur Leyenberger Going back thru my old pics... I can tell when I switched to RAW and then had the ability to post process like mad....

11:13 AM
steven Page
I started on 35mm and medium format so that option as never been on my table.. randy 🙂

11:13 AM
Roberto Di Donato
tethwring dor portrIt shoots

11:13 AM
Dave Nelson
@Bob Titchmarsh Without processing, yes RAW looks like your world went dull.... but the whole point of RAW is post processing......

11:14 AM
Randy
@Bob Titchmarsh agreed

11:14 AM
Nature with Music
@Bob Titchmarsh Yes Definitely. I tend to do an overall polish to my RAW wildlife shots though rather than make dramatic changes in post production.

11:14 AM
Robin Dessureau
Cameras should be more like smart phones with the added features they have through apps

11:14 AM
steven Page
there such thing as a quick photo.. ie point and click

11:14 AM
Marcial Pairola
Peter Forsgård another great photographer!!!! Greatings from Argentina!

11:14 AM
Dave Nelson
@steven Page What camera do you use?

11:14 AM
Erol U
I agree with Robin. For most of us it is just a hobby, so just go out and take pictures who cares how and what what you do
Thanks! Photography should be enjoyed!

11:14 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Rob Trek @Robin Wong USB charging/powering the camera is more useful
Agreed. I wish Olympus includes this feature in every camera from top to bottom. 

11:14 AM
Peter Forsgård
A lot of people buy cameras because of features even they do not need them.
Very true Peter! I personally don't use more than half of the features on my cameras

11:15 AM
Adam Favre
yes... we got a little spoiled with the OM-D's The 10 line really spoiled me with their customizations. you bought a 10 day I ... then you bump up to a pro lens ...

11:15 AM
John Yutzey
@Dave Nelson I shoot JPG+RAW. If I can't get the JPG the way I want in post, I'll edit the RAW file.

11:15 AM
steven Page
sorry no such thing as a quick photo..ie point and click

11:16 AM
Marco Chiappetta
it is also to free up storage space to integrate other features. The goal is to maximize the use of internal storage in lower end cameras to integrate features that actually get used.

11:16 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Dave Nelson and what do you get if you process your RAW's? a virus?

11:16 AM
John Yutzey
@Dave Nelson Most common problem I have is blown highlights, especially skies.

11:16 AM
David Crooks
@steven Page There is the iPhone

11:16 AM
Dave Nelson
@John Yutzey I shoot both also...RAW for me, JPEG to send pics out on the web to family/friends.

11:16 AM
Adam Favre
I now shoot the em1mkii. the em10 2 had an incredible aftermarket grip from OBEN. Now that I have the 1iii and the pro lenses, I also now have an EPM-2 to have small

11:16 AM
David Crooks
My favorite feature of my EM1 Mark 3!!!

11:16 AM
steven Page
lol iphone...

11:17 AM
Adam Favre
1mkiii has that though, does it not?

11:17 AM
Roberto Di Donato
all cameras should have mic jacks. no excuse in this day and age
The reason Olympus did not have mic jack was also a very good way to tell the audience that - hey these cameras are not made for video! 

11:17 AM
David Crooks
@Adam Favre Yes, love it

11:18 AM
Adam Favre
ahhhh

11:18 AM
Trevor
Good point Rob

11:18 AM
Dave Nelson
It's interesting to see how I haven't noticed how "techy" this stream has gotten.... I hope it's because I've learned a lot more about photography...
Oh dear, did not intend for this to get too "techy", we wanted to talk more on photography itself, the process of shooting, making pictures. I guess gear talk can't be avoided, but we shall try to balance it better in the future!

11:18 AM
Robin Dessureau
How about Cameras adding an external memory upgrade slot to add features in the future like tablets have and smart phone now have
Olympus has been upgrading their camera firmwares quite frequently, adding new features along the way. We get features like silent shutter, anti-shock 0 second, live composite, new art filter, faster burst fps, better buffer, etc from firmware upgrades. 

11:18 AM
Nature with Music
@Erol U Absolutely. I go out with my cameras to have fun and enjoy myself. If I get good photos and video it is a bonus😊

11:19 AM
Robin Dessureau
Fire tablets have them

11:20 AM
John Matthews
@Rob Trek I'm most interested in new video features...probably like the two of you. Are you going to be testing the prores raw features due later this year?
I am not the best person to review the new video features, I am noob when it comes to video. Peter Forsgard and Jimmy Cheng will be better qualified to talk about them when released. 

11:20 AM
Dave Nelson
Downloading anything not from Olympus to my camera scares the crap out of me..... there's a reason there are so many antivirus companies out there....
I don't think they can scam your credit card details from your camera's operating system. 

11:20 AM
Trevor
I agree Nature, unless it's your Job have fun first, look around and smell the coffee

11:20 AM
David Crooks
I should be able to add panorama to my EM1 M3...
I am not sure Panorama will be added to E-M1 Mark III, a lot of the basic features, like "scene modes" were removed because they were not "PRO" features. 

11:20 AM
Robin Dessureau
I I have some old Minolta film camera that had memory cards you could add to add features.

11:21 AM
Robin Dessureau
Minolta Maxxuim

11:21 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Dave Nelson - agreed - just what I need - a virus in my camera

11:21 AM
Marcial Pairola
Interesting, adding features by paying more.....don´t forget that the camera you buy comes with a lot of features you sometimes don´t use!
Yeah some camera companies want you to pay more for the features. 

11:21 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@David Crooks , agree why no Panorama mode on the higher spec cameras?

11:22 AM
steven Page
good point ..long battery life is needed... ok to have a great camera with all the feature on the planet but if the battery is weak then all is for not

11:22 AM
Dave Nelson
@Arthur Leyenberger The thought of a virus in my camera gives me such a bad feeling....

11:22 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
Robin, jes

11:22 AM
Erol U
I think we put to much emphasis on gear and not enough on content. I see everbody comment on what they own and not what they shoot.
Unfortunately that is the reality today - people are more interested in gear than photography. We did talk about photo projects, and I was introducing an interesting photographer, Ekkarat Punyatara in the stream - hope that helps!

11:22 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
Fantasy Effekt Like soft Focus

11:22 AM
Marsha Zangroniz
@Erol U I agree with you.

11:23 AM
Dave Nelson
@Erol U I would have to agree.... let's get our "eye" to see better rather than a camera to do things for us.

11:23 AM
steven Page
Erol U is right

11:23 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Robin Wong - will you continue to be a visionary next year?
At this moment, we don't have any news. As I have explained in my own recent video, whether my contract gets renewed or not, it should not matter much. I'd love to continue as a Visionary if they still want me, but I am prepared to move on and just be me - a photographer!

11:23 AM
Nature with Music
@Marcial Pairola I have no intention of paying more and having irrelevant apps on my cameras. I have those if I want them in my iPhone!!!!! A camera is primarily for shooting photos and video!!
It is not just apps that they lock out from the camera. Some companies will restrict important features, for example, if you want to have a full video in log mode, you have to pay for that.

11:24 AM
Adam Favre
focus! I use the video. I use what is "good enough" for a little better than my normal "dadtography" results

11:24 AM
Adam Favre
when I say focus ... I like that robin has focus

11:24 AM
Erol U
I would like to see a site where we talk about where we live amd what what we like to shoot and how we see things, it would be more interesting than to see than what we can afford
We do that all the time. I do street photography and I share new images every week. That has been slowed down recently, well, obviously due to pandemic and lockdown situations we are not allowed to roam around and do non-essential activities here. Else, if everything is back to normal, a lot of photographers share as much as they can - photos from where they live, and they also talk about their pictures. 

11:25 AM
Peter Forsgård
It works only on Atomos Nnja V.

11:25 AM
Peter Forsgård
I mean the ProResRAW.

11:25 AM
steven Page
not into video...sorry

11:25 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Erol U - i like that idea - why not start a FB group

11:25 AM
Adam Favre
Olympus needs to remove the 30 minute time limit or let me pay for a firmware upgrade that would offset the cost penalty

11:26 AM
Lysippus
@Rob Trek Does Robin use adapted lenses, and if so is there a lens system that looks works best on an Oly Camera.
No, Robin uses only native lenses. I have played with Kamlan recently, not a fan. Sorry. 

11:27 AM
Trevor
Question to both Rob and Robin,, Do you feel making Videos make you a better photographer or not? I suspect the answer will be no?
I have answered this in the stream quite lengthily. Yes, it helps me to be a better photographer! I have an audience who actively give me encouragement, feedback and inspiration to continue to shoot, and to push myself to be a better version of me. While the process of making video is not directly improving my own skills, but it is a platform for me to share my work. There are a lot of photographers better than me seeing my photos who have talked to me and pointed me to the right direction!

11:27 AM
John Yutzey
My new gear acquisition has slowed way down, because a number of the features on new cameras are not something I care about. More interested in fundamentals, such as a better sensor.

11:27 AM
Erol U
I will think about it. Unfortunatelly I do diallysis three times a week and have limited time.

11:28 AM
Nature with Music
@Rob Trek @Robin Wong An audio mic jack is essential if you are doing video and recording a sound track while shooting. Just bought a Shure VP83

11:28 AM
Dave Nelson
@Robin Wong and @rob trek are the Batman and Robin of Olympus!!!
Hah, thanks!

11:29 AM
Marcial Pairola
Nature with Music with all respect, i just say that you get what you pay for.. Updating features buy buying i believe is not an option. I hate it on games so the same here. Wish you the best!

11:29 AM
steven Page
if i wanted to do video then i would get a video camera... lol ..

11:29 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Erol U - if you can contact me off line, maybe we can discuss this and I'll start the FB group

11:29 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
I still use some adapted lenses for astro and macro but seriously, the focus stacking features and now starry sky AF make the use go down.

11:30 AM
Dave Nelson
@Peter Forsgård is another of the Olympus super hero....

11:30 AM
alyssa moore
hi

11:30 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
I'd like to know more about your ideas Erol

11:30 AM
David Bond
Ola

11:30 AM
David Bond
Lata olk

11:31 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
177 visitors. a great Show Rob and Robin !!!!!

11:31 AM
steven Page
a lot people think there good because most don't use the camera off Auto mode .. and never learn to use .. so sad

11:31 AM
John Matthews
@Rob Trek I'm very curious as to how JIP will integrate the audio recorder business into the imaging business. It seems there are so many possibilities there. With serious video, audio, PDAF...
At this moment we don't know what JIP has planned, moving forward. I don't see much integration possible, since Olympus is not making microphones, they are making voice recorders, and their voice recorders are made for very specialized purposes. 

11:32 AM
Nature with Music
@Marcial Pairola I always try buy reasonably priced equipment. But as for Apps on the camera in my case - I doubt I would use them. Have enough trouble with my iPhone ha ha.

11:33 AM
Marcial Pairola
🙂

11:33 AM
Erol U
I am not on facebook and have never considered the social media site.
Good on you. Unfortunately, a huge chunk of my photography business comes from Facebook and social media sites. Else I'd gladly abandon them too and live a healthier, happier life. 

11:34 AM
Dave Nelson
@steven Page Agreed. I stopped using auto so I could get pictures the way I want them, not the way a computer chip wants to use them

11:34 AM
Nature with Music
@Rob Trek @Robin Wong There is one lens I bought which is perhaps not the best lens but incredible value for money - The Samyang 100mm M4/3rds macro lens!!!
No AF, no sale for Robin Wong. Sorry. 

11:34 AM
Roberto Di Donato
thats why i vlog. to help give me an avenue to grow
Yeah, it is a good place to grow your community!

11:36 AM
Erol U
But I will consider it it. I get tied of talking about all this equipment talk I have spent a small fortune and have not accomplised nothing
Photography is a personal journey, everyone shoots different things, and have different goals. The best thing you can do is to shoot what you love, build an audience and interact with them by sharing your photographs!

11:36 AM
David Crooks
I do like @Robin Wong street photography
Thanks, appreciate that. Can't do much these days unfortunately due to lockdown

11:36 AM
Nature with Music
@Roberto Di Donato Yes definitely Wish I had time to do a vlog!!! Need more time to even do my website ha ha!!

11:36 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
great answer Robin
Cheers

11:36 AM
imagerider
no audio

11:36 AM
Simon Giddings
Can't hear you Rob

11:36 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
Rob no audio

11:36 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
No Sound

11:36 AM
David Crooks
No audio @Rob Trek

11:36 AM
Roman K.
@Rob Trek no audio

11:36 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Rob Trek NO AUDIO

11:36 AM
imagerider
@Rob Trek

11:36 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
Rob

11:36 AM
Dave Nelson
NO AUDIO FROM ROB

11:36 AM
Nature with Music
Lost your sound Rob

11:36 AM
Trevor
[message retracted]

11:37 AM
Dave Nelson
Rob lost his voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:37 AM
Walter Rowe Photography
No audio from Rob

11:37 AM
imagerider
SOS

11:37 AM
Roman K.
@Rob Trek no audio

11:37 AM
David Crooks
We can hear Robin and not Rob!

11:37 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
Rob is speechless 😉

11:37 AM
Frank Cosmano
NO AUDIO FROM ROB

11:37 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
Lost your audio feed, Rob

11:37 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
peefekt

11:37 AM
Trevor
Thanks Robin,, never thought of the sharing side of it,, although it's a wee bit obvious now you mention it, as we do it with Rob every week
Thanks, my pleasure to share!

11:37 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
Trying to read lips is hard.

11:37 AM
Wudang Academy
O_O

11:37 AM
Walter Rowe Photography
Robin could hear you, but we could not.

11:37 AM
Marcial Pairola
Rob Trek no audio on the live chat!

11:37 AM
Dawid Wolnik
audio

11:37 AM
Dawid Wolnik
omg

11:37 AM
David Crooks
Good now

11:38 AM
Marcial Pairola
Haha

11:38 AM
Marcial Pairola
Right now

11:38 AM
Nature with Music
Glad you are back on sound now Rob ha ha

11:38 AM
Alessandro
now it's fine with audio

11:38 AM
Dave Nelson
Polish is for cars, for real world camera chats, we have @Rob Trek . I am so glad to have him here, glitches and all.

11:39 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
@Dave Nelson - agreed!

11:39 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
I notice the soon to be released 150-400mm pro lens has audio built into the lens in some way.

11:39 AM
Nature with Music
@Rob Trek Yes A good sound recorder with absolute sync / time code locking between video images and audio track would be useful

11:39 AM
Adam Favre
you guys think JIP might get ahold of that new M43 sensor from Sony?
They should be able to. No reason not to. 

11:40 AM
Dave Nelson
@Jeffrey McPheeters What's in your coffee mug?

11:40 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Rob Trek , JIP owns Vaio not Sony

11:40 AM
Randy
@Adam Favre yup 🙂

11:40 AM
Kaustav Banerjee
hi @Robin Wong and @Rob Trek ... hope JIP has some planning to introduce OMD in US market.... Olympus has almost zero presence in any stores....
Unfortunately, the presence will continue to drop, now that the company is shrinking, and probably in terms of marketing and store-front investments, those won't be their immediate priority. 

11:40 AM
John Yutzey
@Bob Titchmarsh Right, Bob.

11:41 AM
Dave Nelson
@Kaustav Banerjee You're talking BIG MONEY that I don't think JIP will be willing to shell out.
My thoughts too. 

11:41 AM
Nature with Music
@Jeffrey McPheeters Audio built into the lens ?? Well that would be interesting if it was a shotgun type microphone??? I have not heard about this but intend to buy the lens.

11:41 AM
Randy
LS-P4 is awesome with the OMDs

11:41 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
Olymous had best micro cassette recorders 30 years ago

11:41 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
I still have two

11:41 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
😉

11:42 AM
Peter Forsgård
LS-100 and LS-P4 has very very good microphones.

11:42 AM
Adam Favre
many of the discussions I have read regarding the on-camera mics is noise at the port. not sure how valid that mindset is

11:42 AM
Adam Favre
I use lsp-4

11:43 AM
Kaustav Banerjee
@Dave Nelson I know... again... I am not loosing hope... super happy with my EM1 mk 3...

11:43 AM
David Crooks
Voice Recording would be tough business as my iPhone can do it

11:43 AM
Nature with Music
@Robin Wong Well need to be able to lock and sync the video with an external audio recorder like using SMPTE etc time coding. Think this tends to be only in pro equipment???
I don't even know what you are talking about haha

11:44 AM
Walter Rowe Photography
Was Sony the designer or just the fabricator for the EM5?
E-M5 was fully made and designed by Olympus. The parts were taken from various manufacturers of course, that much I know. LCD panel from someone, the EVF from someone, the image sensor from soneone. My guess is Sony made the image sensor. No confirmation from Olympus officially. 

11:44 AM
Dave Nelson
@Kaustav Banerjee I would love to see JIP get the Olympus name out to the public with a cool video on TV that grabs peoples attention somehow...
Olympus has banned all TV commercials since.... dinosaur years ago when I still worked for them. 

11:44 AM
Wudang Academy
blackmagic is not another big player for mft sensors? D:
Black Magic is just too specialized a market, cannot be big enough a player. 

11:45 AM
Trevor
@Robin Wong Apart from Rob whose work has influenced you most?
Very good question Trevor, would have loved to answer this on the stream, but I missed this, so sorry. In my earlier days I was deeply inspired by Jay Dickman (another Olympus Visionary). I bought his book. Over the years, as I started shooting more and more, I drew inspiration from people that I can reach and speak to, mostly local Malaysian photographers. They may not be international superstars of celebrity in YouTube world, but their work speaks for themselves. I also follow some photography bloggers, such as Kirk Tuck, amazing writer and photographer. 

11:45 AM
Peter Forsgård
No microphone in the new lens.

11:45 AM
Kaustav Banerjee
@Dave Nelson yes... at least some adds on youtube etc...

11:45 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
There is a switch on the lens that is audio on/off. That's the point I raised.

11:46 AM
John Matthews
@Rob Trek Sorry to harp on video... The advantage for JIP to look more at video specs, audio integration, raw is they don't need to protect a high-end product line like Canon, Sony, and Panasonic.

11:46 AM
Alessandro
Will Olympus products keep the Olympus name?
Yes, this has been officially confirmed. 

11:47 AM
Adam Favre
Careful @Peter Fosgard.... don't overshare .... 😁😂 Kidding.... I just bet you might know a little about that lens that you can't confirm or deny.... 🙃
We have all been very careful so far. 

11:47 AM
Dave Nelson
@Alessandro The brand will be OMD......

11:47 AM
Peter Forsgård
Adam 😉

11:48 AM
Nature with Music
@Robin Wong @Rob Trek SMPTE audio time code is - Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers !!!!!

11:48 AM
Wudang Academy
I kind of needed a mic for voice overs - and instead of expensive camera shotguns i decided for a NT1-A actually a vocal mic but can be very versatile as well - good point is that it has lowest noise

11:49 AM
Nature with Music
@Robin Wong I will update after testing my new Shure VP83 shotgun mic.

11:49 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Rob Trek - 10 MINS TO NEXT STREAM

11:49 AM
Walter Rowe Photography
Maybe it just sends a signal to turn audio on / off? No mic actually in the lens.

11:49 AM
Trevor
Thought SMPTE stood for See My Picture Taking Evolve hehe

11:49 AM
Roberto Di Donato
[message retracted]

11:50 AM
Nature with Music
@Rob Trek Yes I cannot see why the 150-400 pro lens would have a microphone ???? Think this is a joke!!!

11:50 AM
Roberto Di Donato
[message retracted]

11:50 AM
David Clark
I love Robin Wong. xx
Thanks! Appreciate that. 

11:50 AM
DeMorcan
Thank Robin and Rob. Really appreciated the conversation.
Happy to be here!

11:50 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
need more likes!

11:51 AM
Roberto Di Donato
they introduced the lens audio button on April 1st

11:51 AM
Erol U
For me I just wish they would separate still photography frrom video photography for the hobyist. If I want to shoot video I would buy a camera desined to shoot shoot video.
Olympus did that very, very well. In fact they did that so well, that it hurt the sales of their cameras. It was a well known fact that Olympus cameras are targetted toward still photographers. Took them too long to catch up on the video world, and that is one of the reasons for the cameras not selling as well as they should. If they have had features like Panasonic I'd think they will fare much better today. As much as I agree that stills cameras and video cameras should be separate, that is not what the general consumer trend wants. If camera manufacturers remain stubborn and just do what they want (like Olympus), things won't end well. They have to listen to their market, unfortunately. 

11:51 AM
Roy Jenkins-Packer
he new company name, OM Digital Solutions Corporation,

11:51 AM
MusicSoundGear
Yeah.. i Zoomed into the BH Photo, there is an audio swithc, but I think it may mean sound of the gears moving

11:51 AM
Jeff Paynter
Great session guys. I hope you do it again real soon.
Thanks for being here Jeff, appreciate that. 

11:51 AM
Wudang Academy
thanks for taking your time Robin!
No worries, happy to be here. 

11:51 AM
Trevor
Come on the next stream Robin
Sorry, I need my beauty sleep!

11:51 AM
Thomas Cizauskas
Thanks, Robin. Thanks, Rob.
Thanks for being here!

11:51 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
fantastic stream guys
Cheers

11:51 AM
Dave Nelson
ROBIN WONG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS NELSON!!!!!!!!!!

11:51 AM
John Allen
Great !

11:51 AM
Chuck Eckert
Great to have you both here! Really enjoyed it!
Thanks

11:51 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
thanks Robin
Happy to be here. 

11:51 AM
Trevor
Great Show, thanks
Thanks

11:51 AM
Barrie Ainge
Thanks Rob and Robin.
Thanks

11:51 AM
Nature with Music
Super chat this evening with you Rob and the amazing Robin Wong 😊😊
Thanks!

11:51 AM
David Crooks
Great to see you @Robin Wong!
Thanks for staying all the way, David

11:51 AM
Lysippus
Great fun and enjoyable informative discussion.
Thanks! Glad you liked it

11:51 AM
Arthur R McPhee
Superb chat, well done and thanks
Thanks Arthur!

11:51 AM
Christian Johannes Epple
thanks Rob

11:51 AM
Talos
Great stream.

11:52 AM
Dave Nelson
Another awesome chat @Rob Trek

11:52 AM
Dawid Wolnik
Thank you for the show

11:52 AM
MusicSoundGear
Great video stream!!!!!!!

11:52 AM
Peter Forsgård
Thanks Rob and Robin . Interesting again. Keep up the good work!

11:52 AM
Erol U
Thanks guys

11:52 AM
KoRna steniker
hiiiii you two!! how're you guys doing @rob robin

11:52 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
@Erol U , maybe there should be 3 versions, a stills version a video version and a combined version?

11:52 AM
William Drysdale
Awesome guys!! Again please!!!

11:52 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
You can check the schematics and images on B&H and see the 150-400mm lens with audio switch. Can't submit an image here.

11:52 AM
KoRna steniker
nooooooo, I came too late, again! 😭

11:52 AM
John Fallows
Great live stream, came in late. Back for edit.

11:52 AM
Alexandros Vrettakos
Thank you both Robin and Rob

11:52 AM
softtubefun
@Rob Trek great stream today 🙂

11:53 AM
Jeff Paynter
Bye Rob and Robin 👋 Take care👋

11:53 AM
Wudang Academy
Rob is the Mft mafia - inner cycle :P

11:53 AM
Arthur Leyenberger
Rob is the glue - that's why we stick with him 😉

11:53 AM
Tina Bergstrom
Thank You for your contributions!

11:53 AM
Jeffrey McPheeters
Thanks Rob and Robin. We really appreciate the way you all support the community of Olympus users. Thanks so much.

11:53 AM
TheMarkedWolf
thanks robin

11:53 AM
Steve G.
Thanks fellas!

11:53 AM
Nature with Music
Take care and stay safe and well everyone

Kaustav Banerjee
$5.00

have a good day Rob

11:54 AM
Raja Indra Putra
Thanks Robin for all the helpful information.
RIPI! Why are you up so late? Haha, thanks for popping by

11:54 AM
Dave Nelson
What is @robin wongs blog address???
robinwong.blogspot.com

11:54 AM
Trevor
Sweet Dreams

11:54 AM
1957PLATO
Thanks guys.

11:54 AM
Walter Rowe Photography
Thanks Robin!

11:54 AM
Bob Titchmarsh
Thanks guys for the chat 👍

11:54 AM
Tina Bergstrom
Robin Wong I would love it if you did an in depth tutorial on Macro. I have watched your Macro You tubes but need something more comprehenisve!
I have a multiple videos on macro. I have shared everything I can! If you want more information, then maybe an article format will be better. Check it out here: https://robinwong.blogspot.com/2015/08/insect-macro-photography.html

11:54 AM
Henk-Jan Koning
Thanks both of you for the chat!

11:55 AM
Bob Finlay
Nice chat. Thanks.

11:56 AM
Mike Moir
C ya thx...

I hope I have answered the questions I missed out during the live stream! Thanks for those who came in, appreciate you guys being there!


Please follow me on my social media: Facebook PageInstagram and Youtube

Please support me and keep this site alive by purchasing from my affiliate link at B&H. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this. It must have been quite time consuming going through all the comments. Unfortunately we all have extra time now.

    ReplyDelete