Lunch at CalleVerde Cafe, Petaling Street

1 Comments
So what happens when there is a newly opened cafe incidentally being smacked right in the middle of my usual hunting ground for street photography? We do some street shooting and we eat some good food there immediately after!

CalleVerde is a Fillipino and Western fusion themed cafe that serves a variety of commonly available Fillipino food and also some western dishes. This is not exactly a food review blog entry, and I have no intention of doing food reviews here either. However, I am a photographer and my hand gets itchy whenever I see something interesting to shoot. It is no secret that I am a food lover (judging by the size of my physical appearance) and putting the two things that I am passionate about together, I do enjoy shooting food tremendously. Though I must admit that my food photography still need plenty of work, but it is work in progress nonetheless. What better reward for food photography than to be able to taste the subject that you have just photographed on the spot?

All images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and M.Zuiko 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens.

Bangsilog


 Van attacking his awesome plate of Bangsilog


Chilli Con Carne

Chicken Adobo

Embosilog

I have a few Filipino friends in Kuala Lumpur but they were really shy of introducing their food to me. I had to request them to bring me to sample some of their foods here. Apparently you can find some really authentic Fillipino food here in Malaysia, and there is a huge community of Fillipino people residing here. 

I personally have not travelled to Philippines before (winking at Robert and Van, when are we planning a holiday to your home country?) so the closest I can taste would be CalleVerde cafe. Both my friends Robert and Van approved of the food there, so I believe they are representative of what you can find in Phillipines. 

We had quite a spread (since there were so many of us eating together) and we covered most of their main dishes. The fact that the cafe is situated right on my street shooting grounds means I have many chances to revisit this place next time. It is also a nice place for me to just chill and have a cup of coffee. Who knows, maybe you will catch me there writing my future blog updates there!

Spring Rolls

Fish and Chips

Ube - Yam Cake

Avocado Ice Cream - an absolute MUST try!

The gang that had the lunch together. Image credit: Van (taken with Huawei Mate 10 Pro). 

There are obviously other foods to try, but I shall save that for next visits. Also, if you need just ONE reason to visit the cafe, I would say the Avocado Ice Cream. I love it so much I almost asked for another serving, then I realized I still need to fit into my clothes for the coming Chinese New Year and decided not to. 

CALLEVERDE CAFE

Location: 
177, Jalan Tun H S Lee, City Centre
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 50000

Contact: 018-206 8262

Facebook Page:



1 comment:

  1. I can still remember the taste of bangsilog from last week. Hopefully we can plan out our visit to PH soon. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete