Testing The Intelligent Subject Detection AF for Birds on OM System OM-1

0 Comments
Everyone is raving about how great the deep learning intelligent subject detection for birds in OM System OM-1 camera, so I thought it would be fun to give it a try. I brought the OM-1 and M.Zuiko 40-150mm R lens to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, and I intended to do a POV video demonstrating my experience using the bird detection AF. However, the external HDMI recorder failed on me during shoot. Not giving up, I decided to do things the hard way, holding the camera and lens with one hand shooting the bird, while the smartphone on another hand to film the LCD screen of the OM-1 in action. Trust me, this was no easy feat, I was struggling so much most of the time, and missed a lot of shots. I will poke your eye out if you dare to suggest me to do bird in flight in such challenging condition. Nevertheless, I think the results are good enough to show the point of the video - how well the bird detection on OM-1 works. And I personally think it is impressive. I discuss this and more in my latest video here (click). 


















Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: