35mm Is Just Nice For Casual Shooting

2 Comments
I always say that I prefer 50mm equivalent focal length for street photography or anything longer for portraits, but whenever I am not doing street or anything too serious, as a casual shooting lens I'd like something wider. Hence the hunt for a wider lens/camera combo began some time ago, starting with Fuji XF10 (28mm equiv lens), then there was Fuji X100F (35mm equiv) and a few other experimentations along the way. I recently found myself loving the Canon EF 35mm F2 on the dinosaur Canon 5D. Nothing to write home about this combo, but it just works. The images came out looking beautiful, the full frame produces just enough shallow depth of field to isolate my subjects yet maintaining a rather wide angle composition, and the prime lens kept the camera setup still relatively small and manageable. 

I went to Kuantan over a weekend which I have vlogged here (Part 1 and Part 2). For this blog entry, I am sharing some casual, random snapshots I took from the Canon 35mm lens! Nothing beats no-stress, spontaneous shutter clicking action from time tot time. 


























Please support me & keep this site going:


2 comments:

  1. Great images, as always, especially the food! I like the 50mm field of view on my M43 cameras, but found it too narrow on FF. Perhaps it is the wider 3:4 aspect ratio of the Oly 25mm f1.8 that works for me compared with 2:3 aspect ratio of 50mm on FF. I think you would really like the Canon EF 85mm F1.8 and its ring type USM focusing motor, if you can find one at a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce... very nice photos. I only miss one of your casual cat´s portrait

    ReplyDelete