Simple Black and White Photographs

9 Comments
After spending almost a month on the super wide angle lenses, both Olympus M.Zuiko 7-14mm F2.8 PRO and 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO lenses, I just could not wait to get back to my more usual and frequently used focal lengths, something a lot longer than those two previous lenses: 45mm. In the midst of extremely busy time of my life I did manage to spend a few hours on a Saturday morning for my shutter therapy. I think, that itself was sufficient to keep my sanity in tact. 

I have decided to turn everything black and white this time. The pure joy of roaming the street randomly and aimlessly, with the intention to shoot whatever that caught my attention was something that I treasure and will continue to do again and again. No dramas, no complications, just me, my camera, on the street, finding that connection to whatever and whomever I have found along my way. 

All images were taken with Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm F1.8 and Panasonic GM1

Portrait of a Stranger



The Bus Stop

Bodyless

falling apart

getting married

Waiting

Under the tree

Sleepiness



9 comments:

  1. Very nice, almost sepia, quality to the images. Can you tell us about your post processing workflow? Thanks. Always enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have shared my processing workflow. Please read here:
      http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-post-processing-for-blogging-purposes.html
      and
      http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-custom-black-and-white-processing.html

      You may also want to go through this one: http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2014/09/to-achieve-that-robin-wong-look.html

      Delete
  2. There is nothing like having no agenda and limitations when out shooting. Just shoot for you and watch the magic happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last photo. Cats seems to be always at ease and friendly with you.

    Eric V
    Edmonton Alberta Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you were only allowed to carry one prime lens with you on the street and while traveling (personal trip not for your work), would this 45mm your choice ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all I will carry multiple lens, I would not only carry one lens. But if I absolutely have to choose then 25mm F1,8 would be the only one I carry

      Delete
  5. Nice shots again. I need to get out and shoot with no reason.

    ReplyDelete