Bird Portraits With An Old Lens - Olympus 70-300mm F4-5.6 from DSLR Days

0 Comments
I recently found an old lens from the Four Thirds DSLR days, the Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm F4-5.6 at such a good price, I just had to nab it. I mount it on my OM System OM-1 and brought them to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park to do some close up bird portraits. I am starting to think the birds there can recognize me and really like me, you can see how some of them flew close to me at the end of my latest video talking about this very lens. The Olympus 70-300mm is perhaps the most economical 300mm lens with autofocus for Micro Four Thirds.  It isn't perfect, it has some flaws, and I'd still recommend the new Micro Four Thirds native version Olympus M.Zuiko 75-300mm II over this lens for being smaller, lighter, having better AF and produces slightly sharper results. Nevertheless, if you already have the old Olympus 70-300mm DSLR version lying around, or if you can find one at such crazy cheap price in the market, why not? It is still a fantastic lens and can deliver good results. Video here (click). 




















Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: