Sigma 30mm F1.4 - Street Portraits Around KL

0 Comments
I managed to get my hands on a loaned Sigma 30mm F1.4, and I thought it would be fun to attack the streets of Kuala Lumpur and grab some portraits of strangers. It is close to my favourite focal length 50mm equivalent to shoot on the streets, and the F1.4 bright aperture can create adequate shallow depth of field separation for my portraits. I mounted the Sigma 30mm F1.4 on my OM System OM-1 camera and did a POV street shooting video, which showed you what was happening around and in front of me before I clicked my shutter button for each shot. I thought the Sigma 30mm is a wonderful lens, great value for what it is and we do need more F1.4 lenses for Micro Four Thirds! Instead of making ridiculously expensive, and bulkier than necessary F1.2 lenses, I think F1.4 lenses make more sense in giving more advantage in light gathering, yet maintaining balance in size and weight. POV video can be found here (click). 























Please support me & keep this site going:


No comments: