Original Olympus OM-D E-M5 - Shooting Street In 2022

1 Comments
10 years ago Olympus launched their first OM-D camera, the original E-M5. It was a gamechanger, it redefined what a mirrorless camera should be - ruggedly built, weather-sealed, having blazing fast and reliable AF, with built in electronic viewfinder, 5-Axis Image Stabilization, new improved 16MP image sensor with massive upgrade in image quality, and the list went on and on. It took the world by surprise, and many other companies have copied this footprint and built even better cameras ever since. Now, many years later, I thought it would be fun to revisit this original E-M5 and I did a POV street video too! Video here (click). 

In this blog entry I shall just share my images taken with the E-M5, and the lens I paired it with was the awesome Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm F1.2 PRO. 


























Please support me & keep this site going:


1 comment:

  1. Fascinating to see the Robin Wong technique in action!

    I think there's the basis of a game, here, at least for the pictures not involving portraiture. As the shot is being lined up, we are kept guessing as to what the eventual picture will be, and then we actually see the shot that was taken (with some really interesting choices). The game version of this would have the player try and frame their own shot, and then they get a score based on how close they are to Robin's own composition. There could even be a subjective score if more than one person is playing, with people rating each other's shots. They could even have made a game like that for laserdisc or "interactive video" platforms: such a missed opportunity!

    As for the original E-M5, it's my primary camera, although I got mine eight years ago, so its own personal tenth anniversary will be in a couple of years. One worrying thing recently was that the top of the rear control dial came off. I did a search and found people complaining about this "common problem" in 2012, but it was the first I'd heard about it. I've glued it back on with some household glue, so I hope that will keep it going for a few more years. As the glue was drying, I took my old Fujifilm compact out and immediately missed my E-M5.

    ReplyDelete