The Barn's Grand Opening in Sunway Pyramid

1 Comments
I was recently invited to attend the official launch of The Barn's latest outlet in Sunway Pyramid, marking their 6th outlet in Malaysia. I original found out about The Barn at One Mon't Kiara when I was still working for Olympus Malaysia several years ago, which was then situated within the same building. We even held mini gatherings and events at The Barn with Olympus consumers and photographers, since the venue was just perfect for small functions in an intimate, quiet environment. I am happy to hear that The Barn has grown over the years and finally is opening a branch in a more commercially accessible location such as Sunway Pyramid! I attended the event as a blogger, and I just could not help myself but snap away with my camera!

The door gift for guests!



 The stage area in bold, bright red!

The Barn is known for it's huge selection of wine. The bar is a prominent area within the restaurant



I must admit that the only other outlet of The Barn that I have ever dined in was the one in One Mon't Kiara. I simply loved the food there, usually in small servings but delightfully presented and they were all delicious as I remembered them. I also particularly loved their coffee, there were so many catch up sessions with Olympus photographers that I have had outside of office, since The Barn in One Mon't Kiara was the nearest legit place (better than Starbucks coffee anyway), it has become the most frequented place for me to talk to photographers who worked closely with Olympus Malaysia back then.

The comfortable and charming interior were carried over to this new outlet in Sunway Pyramid, and I am glad to witness such a huge ground area with many tables yet the place was spacious and airy at the same time. To me, I prefer to spend time catching up with people at locations with tables and chairs that are not too small and cramped, I just like space, lots and lots of space. The ceiling high side fully transparent glass served as the perfect lighting for Instagram worthy selfies or food shots. While I personally do not drink much, I can see why people love the cocktails and other drinks served here!

The Emcee in full costume, in theme for "The Barn". 

The founder of The Barn, Ms Candice Lee giving her opening speech. 

And then out of nowhere there was a camel! YES A CAMEL IN THE RESTAURANT!

The camel had a name - Barny The Camel!

The media, bloggers and guests flocked the grand opening, and I was honestly lost in the sea of people, none that I knew (except for Charmaine, who has always been super awesome in blogger's events). It was a simple event, officiating the official opening of The Barn in Sunway Pyramid, with the VVIP of a real life camel, being brought into the restaurant for selfies and group pictures with everyone. Yeap, you heard that right, a real camel, who would have seen that coming? The camel's name was Barny. Get it? The Barn? Barny? They even had a special cocktail drink named after Barny, which was called "The Hump".

I was just minding my own business, shooting at anything that caught my attention. I was using Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and M.Zuiko 12mm F2, 25mm F1.2 PRO lens and 45mm F1.8 lenses for all the shots shown in this blog entry. I somehow wished I have brought along the M.Zuiko 7-14mm for a much wider coverage.

Alright, onto some glorious, hipster-looking, yummy food!

New item in The Barn's menu, Creme Brule!

 Pescatore Pizza - Prawns, tuna, anchovies, olives, capers, mozzarella & basil on tomato sauce

I can't help but to take a close up shot of the pizza! 

Smoked Beef Short Ribs - Smoked beef short ribs with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables & creamy smoked paprika sauce

Tapas Combo Platter - 
Pork belly, Lagrimas, chicken wings, German sausage, Italian sausage, luncheon fries & pork satay




Got myself a drink to end the day! Cheers

I know where my next chillout location with my mates will be in the coming weekend. And this time, instead of alcoholic drinks, I shall have overpriced coffee instead. 


1 comment:

  1. OMG, really? I'm sorry, should have talked to you more huhuhu... I thought you know Henry and was wondering why you were standing alone. My bad.... let's catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete