Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Malacca Weekend

From my previous blog entry you would know that I spent almost the whole Saturday shooting my friend's wedding. The day after, I told myself if I managed to wake up early and did not feel too exhausted I would pick up the camera and hit the streets in Malacca. I did wake up rather early and felt quite energetic despite the wedding shoot a day before, so I went to Jonker Walk and had a slow, relaxing walk and shot whatever subjects that caught my attention. 

To keep things easy and simple I only had the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II and one lens with me, the M.Zuiko 25mm F1.8, and it was a short an hour and a half walk, before I headed back to meet up with my other friends for brunch. I did get some shots that I am quite happy with, and I am sharing them in this blog entry. I did however wish I would just walk a few more hours and explore some of the inner streets of beautiful, historical Malacca. One day, maybe I will just spend a weekend in Malacca and do nothing but shoot and eat!

Fly



Slipping Pants

Portrait of a Stranger 

Hairstyles

Red Paint

Passer By

Orange Shirts

Modernized Malacca, my beloved State? Or something like that being loosely translated

Shades

Plastic Sheet

So I saw this dude from quite a distance and I decided he could be a good subject for me to compose against something interesting around him. Standing and leaning against the pole and blending in, being relaxed and ready... oh wait, he has a camera! Then it hit me (I have not had my coffee yet) he was also a street photographer, patiently observing and waiting for the perfect moment to happen. Then he spotted me and I smiled, and we walked our separate paths. 

After all that walk, I got hungry and I needed coffee badly. 

I am not even sure if I will have time for shutter therapy this weekend, but my hands have gotten unbearably itchy!

8 comments :

  1. The CCTV sign above the photographer is a nice touch.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's plan a food outing in Melaka next time =D Everybody must follow @shutter.therapy on Instagram! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's what you can do in 1 1/2 hours, you clearly deserved a food stop.
    As usual, great images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Alan! Well, whether any shots or not I will EAT!

      Delete
  4. Are those older Proton cars? I kind of thought that you might photograph that old (Portuguese?) cathedral that I seem to remember.

    Always love figuring out Bahasa Melayu. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shots. I don't know why but I can't get the same results with my camera. I don't know what is the secret to achieve this kind of sharpness. Your images are always very sharp and with great colors.well done once again! Cheers

    ReplyDelete