A Weekend of Olympus Fun

13 Comments
Last weekend, shutter therapy took quite an unexpected turn. Initially, we created a street photography session for a friend (landscape photographer) who wanted to join in the fun, exploring street photography, since this is not something that he does often. An outing was then organized, with a small group of common friends, all non Olympus users. One of them asked if I could bring along the latest OM-D E-M5 Mark II for a test run, so I said yes after checking the availability of the camera for the weekend. When the others found out, they also asked for Olympus gear to use on the street that particular session! I ended up bringing along E-M10 Mark II (2 units), E-M5 Mark II (2 units), M.Zuiko 7-14mm F2.8 PRO, 12-40mm F2.8 PRO, 12mm F2, 17mm F1.8, 25mm F1.8, 45mm F1.8 and 75mm F1.8 (2 units) for everyone to try out in that particular outing. It has been a while since I brought out my large bag which I have last used for my DSLR system! 

It was a short outing to Chow Kit, KL, my favourite shooting ground. It was interesting observing non-Olympus users giving the system a go, discovering the wonders of using M.Zuiko lenses, and experiencing the super fast Olympus AF capabilities, coupled with Touch Shutter (shooting immediately after touching the LCD screen). Also, how small and light the system is, easier to use for street photography! I believe everyone enjoyed themselves, and having fun was the main agenda of the day!

All the following images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II and M.Zuiko 7-14mm F2.8 PRO and 45mm F1.8 lenses

Bed of Natural Goodness
A good example of how useful the tilt screen is, on the E-M10 Mark II, for compositions such as top down shot of a table. 



Portrait of  s Stranger

Arrows

Chilling Out

Home

portrait of a stranger 2

A closer shot of the same man!

Underneath the meat

Friends attacking the street subjects: Meng Keat, Rahul, Hadi Nik, Joseph and Fuad

It is not an every day thing I bring out so much gear!

I sure hope everyone had fun, and enjoyed shutter therapy! It is only Monday now but I am looking forward to my next shutter therapy in the coming weekends already. 



13 comments:

  1. I am an amateur and new to the Oly system and wish to tag along some day. Have been following your blog for some time now, thanks for the tips and advice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just drop me an email, if we are both free I am sure something can be arranged.

      Delete
  2. It was fun indeed. I have two small lens in both my pants pocket. So small and easy to carry...changing lens was a breeze also. Thanks Robin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I will be in KL this weekend. Staying in Tune Hotel at the southern end of Chow Kit again. But last time I didn't find the kind of Chow Kit that enters your lens... however that was my first time in Malaysia and the first days of that trip. By the time I made it to Penang I got a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chow Kit I went to was in the we market area and the streets surrounding it. Do drop me an email and if all things go well I do not mind taking you along to my usual spots there.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, as usual.

    How was the balance with the 7-14mm f/2.8? It looks heavy.

    I just sent my E-M1 for repair and bought a Panasonic GX8 and 12-35mm f/2.8. Hopefully, the E-M1 will be repaired quickly but I'm glad to have time to learn how best to use the GX8.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sort of lens is the silver one at the top of the coffee Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear valued customer,

    Do you need Financial Assistance?
    Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%

    Please, contact us for more information: pergocf@fastservice.com

    Kindly write us back with the loan information;
    - Complete Name:
    - Loan amount needed...$, €, £:
    - Loan Duration:
    - Purpose of loan:
    - City / Country:
    - Telephone:
    - Name of the Site:

    Please, contact us for more information: pergocf@fastservice.com

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mrs. Ceren Kelly
    pergocf@fastservice.com

    We look forward to hear from you ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Day Dear Loan Seeker,

    Have you been struggling to start a project or open a business? do you need an urgent finance to complete your education or build a house? do you need urgent finance for hospital treatment or travel abroad? kindly contact us today via our email for quick solutions to your problems, Contact us now: 1% * Long-term repayment (1-30
    If you are interested contact us via: bdsfn.com@gmail.com and fill out the below loan application form.

    Loan application form:
    Full Name:....................
    Country:.....................
    State:..............
    City:..............
    Sex:.........................
    Phone Number:...........
    Loan Amount :...........
    Have You Applied Before?....................
    With Best Regards.
    Mrs. Pranchment Dura
    Emaill Address:bdsfn.com@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete