55mm F1.2 Randomness

15 Comments
Oh dear, I have disappeared without any blog udpates for almost 2 weeks! Since my last writing on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, work has been excruciatingly busy leading up to the Chinese New Year holidays, thus the unintended silence. I did get a long weekend off and I finally had some time for myself, which I originally wanted to do a lens review for the newly launched M.Zuiko 14-150mm F4-5.6 Version II. Unfortunately prior arrangements disallowed me to have the lens during the holidays and I shall have to delay my review for that lens. Here I thought, with a few days off I might just do shutter therapy with revenge, to make up for lost times. Strangely, I opted for a slow paced, relaxing, do nothing and lots and lots of sleep kind of holiday. Yeap, it is true. Robin Wong chose sleep over the camera over the holidays. Maybe the world is ending after all. 

Well I did not entirely abandon the camera. I did bring it out wherever, and whenever I was out. I did spend some time catching up with friends, and along some random chances I snatched a frame or two. Mostly I had the E-M1 and the OM 55mm F1.2 lens. Oh how I adore that lens!

So here is a short compilation of the random shots I made throughout the past weeks. Perhaps, it is not too bad to slow down a little. 

Morning Skyline



I wonder why they were pointed downward, not up. 

Malaysia

Work

being small

Fruit

Afternoon

Communication Tower

Not so beautiful lanterns

My Little Army

I almost died when most of the coffee places close for CNY

Sanjitpaal Singh

This needs no caption



15 comments:

  1. Very good piece of glass this objective is... It is clear that very good results depend much on the talent of the photographer than the camera itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. 恭禧發財!

    I only have one piece of OM-System glass remaining, and I don't want to use it. It's better to hold down papers, and obviously not as lovely as the 55mm f/1.2 was and is. Happy shooting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am sure that one glass is amazing as well. Modern lenses cannot replicate the look of old glass.

      Delete
  3. I think if those vents pointed up, birds would gather on them, pooping away as they preen and chat, and monsoon rains later would send a torrent of water and accumulated stuff to the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,

    It has been a long time since I have left a comment on your blog. Even though I have been reading near enough every article you write and I enjoy every single one of them. After four years of Fuji X use I have come back to mFT with the E-M1 and the 12-40. Wow, micro Four Thirds has come a long way since my Olympus E-PL2.

    Anyway, great to read that you got some time to relax and catch up with sleep. Sometimes the body decides what we need and if that is to rest then it is necessary to do so.

    Keep up the great work you are doing.

    Kind regards from Germany

    Stockografie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stockografie!
      Indeed, the rest and sleep were much, much needed!

      Delete
  5. Great shots Robin! It's always a joy to read your posts!

    Although I don't have any legacy lens - actually I have a lumix 20mm and the oly 40-150 with my G5 - I am anxious to have a fast prime around this focal length. In a few weeks I'll be in Japan and I'm planning on buying a cheap, all around, lumix 14-42 II and the beloved Oly 45mm (perhaps the sigma 60mm also...) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the 45mm F1.8 will add to your collection of lenses nicely. It is my favourite lens!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad about the 14-150 II delay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, Robin. And Kung Hei Fat Choi! Great to see your excellent work again. I also very much enjoyed your recent reviews. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete