Saturday, October 12, 2013

Olympus at KLPF 2013 Day 1

Being an Olympus employee now, I was stationed full time at the Olympus booth for the Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2013, specifically in charge of a section dedicated to the new OM-D E-M1 only. It was an exceptionally exhuasting day, having to explain again and again the advantages and amazing capabilities of the E-M1 to the visitors to our booth, but the whole day felt incredibly fulfilling. It was great meeting the photography crowd, some who do know me through my blog. It actually took bits and pieces of my exhaustion off whenever someone said hi to me!
Being stuck at one place also meant I did not have a chance to roam around and explore the entire exhibition hall. I foresee things will get a lot more hectic on the remaining days, with expected higher volume of crowd visiting as well as our Olympus booth having a lot more activities happening over the weekend. We will have a Shoot-Out Challenge with Full Frame camera users. I shall not go into detail about this Shoot-Out Challenge, but I sure it will be something worth blogging about next. 

I think I did not expect the crowd coming to see the OM-D E-M1 to be so huge. We have relatively lower attendance to the KLPF on the whole today, mainly because the afternoon is occupied by Muslim Prayers, and the day itself is still a working weekday. Hence we are expecting even larger crowd on Saturday, and gosh, I sure hope I can survive the sea of people flowing in. 

With whatever small opportunities that I have had, I whipped out my trusty E-M5 and snapped some shots. 

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5






































If you happen to be in KLPF this weekend, do come to our Olympus booth. We have the "Shoot-Out Challenge with Full frame cameras" 


23 comments :

  1. Robin, great shots! I'm curious as to the lens/f-stop on your 1st and 5th pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey JIm,
      Thanks for the kind words! Lens was 25mm F2.8 pancake, wide open at F2.8.

      Delete
  2. Robin which camera is a winner.. even comepare to full frame... em1 never let us down? I already pre order em1...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Shoot-Out challenge starts today. If I can I will blog about it. I will be extra extra busy today

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great report, must be awesome to be there, especially with the lovely miss Rose Chin attended at Olympus booth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I whipped out my trusty E-M5 and snapped some shots." Typo detected?Or you really are using E-M5?I sense your hectic week from your post though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashraf, read the following blog entry, you will understand why.

      Delete
  7. Been to the olympus booth yesterday. Em1 was definitely a piece of jewel. Even with battery grip on i still think tat it is really light compare to my Canon 7d.

    Cant wait for mineto arrive. Got a question to ask you, i am lookimg for a camera tat can do video too, becoz got a few speeches need to cover, can the EM 1 do continuous recording for more than 29min 59sec?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure about the video recording, but it does have some limitations.

      Delete
  8. Robin

    Nice report on the recent event I really liked the comparison with the Canon. I know which I would rather carry.

    Yesterday I attended a Touch and Try event at my local dealer (Dan's Camera City). Very impressive camera. Expect to have a loaner in a few weeks.

    Thanks for your photos, reviews and your honesty.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Don,
      Glad that you have had your own Touch and Try session! No worries, sharing what I have thought my blog is always a pleasure!

      Delete
  9. Robin, great to read that you are digging into your new job. Yes, trade booth days are long and exhausting, but I hope that in the end you will find the contacts that you make to be very rewarding.

    All the best,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robin, great to read that you are digging into your new job. Yes, trade booth days are long and exhausting, but I hope that in the end you will find the contacts that you make to be very rewarding.

    All the best,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Tom! Been working extra extra hard.

      Delete
  11. So many lovely lenses, cameras, and lovely ladies... what a job :-)

    Hard work, I know. But worth it! You're doing a great job, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Robin; your review about EM 5 is helping me to evaluate my switch to micro 4/3. I do a lot street photography and I need something light with an accurate and fast AF.
    The images of Olympus at KLPF 2013 are very nice; and please introduce to me the ladies in purple and yellow.

    Regards from Lima, Perú. Alejandro

    ReplyDelete