Playing With Colorful Food at The Good Co.

0 Comments
As a photographer, it is no secret that I like colorful things. The more vibrant. bold and having mixture of multiple strong colors excite me. It is evident through the kind of photography that I am doing and I cherish beautiful, striking colors in my shots, both I am doing personally or commercially shot for my clients.



There is this vegetarian health-conscious hipster cafe in Bangsar which my friend Robert Evangelista have been frequenting lately and they serve the most colorful food I have ever seen in my life! The place is called The Good Co. and everything there is vegetarian (with options to go full vegan upon request). They put immense amount of effort to making sure their serving looks fabulous. One fine afternoon, I thought why not have a meal there, take some shots of the food so I can share here with you guys, and do some work there? After all, a change of scenery is good to inspire creativity, especially I do need to do a bulk of writing on photography heavy articles.

Sumo Bowl 
Soba noodle, grilled eryngii mushroom, wakame, okra, pumpkin, cherry tomato, tossed with roasted sesame sauce

Nasi Lemak Beckham
butterfly pea brown rice, healthy sambal, free-range egg, kyuri, tempeh, roasted peanut, cherry tomato, rendang monkey head mushroom

I cannot say that the vegetarian nasi lemak tastes better than the real nasi lemak (which has different version of sauce) but it does have it's own uniqueness and flavour. I absolutely love the Sumo Bowl and it is my staple order every single time I visit The Good Co. I think after eating so much meat (I am a meat lover, always have been) all the time it is good to have a few vegetarian food sessions. Just a few!

But you gotta admit these food look sooooo good! Surely worthy to be photographed. Not to mention lighting in the cafe was fantastic too. I used Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and M.Zuiko 25mm F1.2 PRO lens for the food shots. 

I also took advantage of the cozy environment to get some work done. Brought my "surface-style" laptop with me, the Lenovo Miix 510 so I could get some articles written. It also helps that the location was not crowded on afternoons, after lunch rush hour. 

And yes the little Robin comes with me to work too. 

Do you get excited seeing colorful food? Or is it just me that is the weird one standing out from the crowd?

The Good Co. Cafe
184, Jalan Maarof, Taman Bandaraya, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Official Website: https://thegoodco.my
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/fXhX1RqzE8r



No comments: