I Got My First Moleskine from Isetan's Moleskine Concept Corner, The First In Malaysia

0 Comments
Earlier this morning I attended the media launch of Malaysia's first ever Moleskin Concept Corner at Isetan (in The Gardens Mall).  Veedoo Malaysia is officially bringing in  the premium luxury notebook (the actual thing that you can write with real pen, not something with a screen and keyboard) brand, Moleskine to Malaysia and has plans for expansion in the local market here. Veedoo is also an official distributor for major photography brands such as Lowepro and Manfrotto, both having products prominently displayed in their concept corner at Isetan in The Gardens Mall.

I have not owned an actual Moleskine before, but have always had that lust for the Italian premium notebook featuring their signature elastic band seal, ribbon bookmark, expandable pocket inside the rear cover and also rounded corners. Everyone who attended the event walked away with a small classic hard cover Moleskine notebook. Mine was "willow green" in color. Yay, finally I have one now!

All images in this entry were shot on Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and M.Zuiko lenses 25mm F1.2 PRO or 12mm F2

You know your day started right when the Barista chose a matching color coffee cup and saucer to go along perfectly with the color of the Moleskine. I swear I did not talk to the Barista in advance. Sometimes the Universe has a way to tell you that some things are meant to happen and they happen beautifully. Or maybe I have collected sufficient karma points from the photography gods. 

The size of the Moleskine notebook was just perfect. Any larger than this I would dread bringing it out with me. I will slot it somewhere in my camera bag, which I minimize the gear I carry inside. 

There is a story about that Parker Pen that has my name on it. I shall probably share that next on my coming blog entry!

I was pleased to find that finally Moleskine is getting proper brand concept treatment in a premium shopping gallery. I have known reporter/journalist friends who use Moleskine and swear by its quality. Previously Moleskine is only available in obscure hideouts in several bookstores around town, but never being displayed out openly and proudly. I was told that Moleskine has evolved from just producing notebooks, journals and paper based products to more everyday used accessories such as wide array of bags and carry around cases. Primarily all the signature Moleskine products are available at the concept corner, including the notebooks,  planners as well as bags and accessories.

The Moleskine concept corner in Isetan is currently debuting their 2018 Fall Winter collection of products. The main highlight was the "Metro Bag Collection" that has simple and minimalistic overall appearance yet being overall stylistic. Moleskine claimed that these bags, ranging from backpack, duffel bags, messenger and tote bags were made to be practical both for work and play. They even have a dedicated wall to fully display numerous bag products from Moleskin available here. To find out more about the Metro Bag Collection, click here. 

The Moleskine corner in Isetan, The Gardens Mall has extensive collection of latest products, including their signature notebooks and planners, as well as new bags and accessories which have just been launched for this season. 

I was pleased to see that Moleskine is not purely making notebooks and journals anymore, as they are constantly diversifying their product options. 

I really like the wall of bags that has a wide selection of different designs, all to suit the extensive preferences of the market. I was also surprised to see how adventurous Molekine is getting with their color choices, not being too conservative with neutral and flat colors only. 

The hallmark of Moleskine - notebooks, pens and carry cases. 

The recently launched limited edition "007" line of products from Moleskine is also available at the concept corner. 

During the launch, a calligraphy artist was present to scribble the names of participants into their Moleskines. I chose not to have mine written as I wanted a blank, clean cover. I am simple and straightforward like that!

If you are shopping (or window shopping, like what I usually do) at The Gardens Mall, do drop by Isetan's 3rd floor Men's Department. Currently, the Moleskine Concept Corner is situated right next to the entrance to Isetan on the 3rd Floor. Also, that same corner hosts plethora of gadgets and accessories from huge brands. I particularly love the collection of fresh and modern Lowepro lifestyle bags displayed there. There were also Lowepro products (their unfailing lens pouches), bags as well as Manfrotto products. There were also something for audio-heads like myself, featuring Fender speakers as well as headphones and other audio related accessories. Also worth noting is that they are having huge discounts for premium mobile accessories from now until 22 November, you may find out more at their Facebook posting here (click). 

Special thanks to Veedoo for the invitation to the launch of the first Moleskine Corner in Malaysia. Who knows, in near future, we may get a Moleskine Concept Store, or better, a Moleskine Cafe in Malaysia?






No comments: