Hameer Zawawi Performing in Kuching This Saturday (14 April 2018)

0 Comments

Hey beautiful Kuching people!

My friend Hameer Zawawi, a local singer-songwriter is currently in the midst of his "Plug Out The Machines Tour" around Malaysia and guess what, the next stop will be in Kuching! He will be performing at the ground floor of Haus Kuching alongside some awesome local bands such as Nading Rhapsody. Event starts at 730pm till late. 

I have known Hameer for several years now, following his gigs around KL before he made it to the US and disappeared for a year. I fell in love with his non-mainstream yet still totally relate-able music, featuring his hauntingly powerful and soulful vocals. He has songs about TV shows, zombies and video games! Honestly, I have missed Hameer's live performance so much because he went on tour to the US for a year and was just back to KL very recently. It was indeed so refreshing to hear Hameer perform on stage again, and wow, now in a full band!

So my Kuching guys if you are free this Saturday evening, do drop by Haus Kuching and bring the house down. Also, a portion of the proceeds from this event goes to Neyna's family. (read about Neyna and the fundraising campaign for her family here). 

I went to Hameer's kick off show for his tour at The Bee, KL last Friday. As usual, I took photographs of the event together with some video clips. The stage lighting was especially challenging in this case, being sharply uneven all over the stage with unforgiving color casts that were not looking good on skin tones. I prioritized my post-processing to correct the skin tones so they look more warm and pleasing in the end, but that also sacrificed the overall color balance of the images. The worst part was Hameer's standing position, having his face being covered completely in shadow almost at all times. 

Nonetheless, here are the selected few shots from the performance! All images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II and M.Zuiko 12mm F2, 45mm F1.8 and 75mm F1.8 lenses

Check out Hameer Zawawi at:




  







Please follow me on my Facebook and Instagram



No comments: