Of Coffee, Robin & Smartphone Photography

0 Comments
I am flying off again to Kuching, my beloved hometown this coming weekend with extended stay till mid next week for work. I shall be conducting an evening photography outing for Olympus Malaysia in town, which I really hope the weather will be kind to us.



I am a simple person with simple thoughts. I rarely complicate myself with too many unnecessary things in my mind. I have somehow managed to fit all that I want to do this weekend into a single photograph, as shown above. The Lego Robin to represent me, having plenty of good coffee and going about shooting with the newly acquired Motorola G5S Plus. Sometimes, it is true what they say, one photograph is worth a thousand words.

Oh yes, I am not done with that smartphone camera yet. I only hope that the Kuching skies will be blue and dramatic enough for me to pull off some decent wide angle shots. Kuching can be quite a surreal and attractive when the light is right.

Smartphone camera is the most utilized medium of photography today. Although there is still a large margin of difference between a smartphone and a dedicated camera in terms of imaging capabilities, there is no denying convenience is the ultimate factor is pushing the dominant use of smartphone photography, and is responsible directly for the sharp decline in camera sales over the years.

After all, the best camera is the camera you have with you at all times.

What are your thoughts on smartphone photography? Is it the future? How many of you have left your cameras behind and decided that smartphones are good enough for most of your shooting needs?

Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram. 




No comments: