Repost: Holi Festival

5 Comments
Today the Sri Lakshmi Narayan Temple had their annual Holi Festival celebration happening, or more popularly known as the Festival of Colors. Unfortunately I was weighed down by work commitments and could not shoot the beautiful festival this year. I then decided to dig out my old photographs from years ago, and repost it here. For those of you who went to celebrate and shoot some awesome photographs, do share them! I think this year the celebration was bigger and much better than last year. I remember last year there was water rationing issues in KL, consequently less water action happening.












All images were taken with Olympus E-5 with Zuiko Digital 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 and 11-22mm F2.8-3.5.


5 comments:

  1. Capturing the emotions and the colors... all I can say is wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just shocked how people have their cameras in those situations. Like look the last image, Canon L-lens bag in the shoulder while browsing photos, and people throwing that stuff around next to him!

    I would never take my camera to those happenings, not even the awesome Olympus weather sealing as that pollen gets in trough every seal!

    http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/05/how-to-ruin-your-gear-in-5-minutes-without-water

    So unless you have totally air tight submerge case for your camera (those expensive 1500 dollars cases for divers) then don't even look at those situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photographic impression of this lovely festival. Top notch.

    ReplyDelete