Friday, September 06, 2013

A Little Survey

Firstly, I would like to thank the overwhelmingly positive support you all have shown me when I announced my employment at Olympus Malaysia in my previous blog entry. The encouraging remarks and show of support meant a lot to me, and I shall take that as a motivation to keep this place updated as frequently as I can manage, while staying true to myself the best I can. 

On the smaller side of things, this humble blog of mine has just surpassed 6 million page views! That is a BIG number! And I foresee the number to continue rising with the continuous support from all of you beautiful people. A big, big warm hug to you all. Thank you.

I have been thinking about ways to improve my blog structure and blogging content, and in order to accomplish that I have come up with a quick poll at my Facebook Page. We all know that a new camera is coming from Olympus very, very soon, and I guess it is not difficult to deduce that I will be reviewing it. Basically I intended to re-arrange the structure of my coming review, and I have listed down the most common sought after review characteristics (Low Light Shooting performance, Continuous Autofocus capability, compatibility with 4/3 lenses, etc). If you go to the poll, you will be able to choose the options that you feel should be prioritized in my future reviews. If you could help me in this short and simple survey, i am sure it will contribute to me being able to create better organized future gear reviews, based on your voted popularity!

The survey poll is HERE (click). 

When I have collected enough votes I shall be sharing the results here and I shall use the results as a guideline for my coming Olympus gear reviews. 

Back in June earlier this year, I was home in Kuching to shoot a wedding assignment. After the assignment I assisted a friend, Frederick in his video shoot (pre-wedding shoot for another friend). While assisting him, I did manage to grab some "behind the scene" still images. And I am sharing some photographs from that session here.

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5 and Zuiko Digital lenses 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 and 50mm F2 macro


























To Eno and Emily who just got married recently, congratulations to you guys! If you are reading this, I wish you both abundant blessings and happiness, always. 


12 comments:

  1. Hi robin...i like backlit picture.. Really nice picture.. So nice.. I look on it several time and i download it for my reference.. Thanks for the sharing.. Really2 like that picture.. Just thinking if you can hold some workshop for us.. Conduct by you Robin.. What say you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nik,
      Thanks for the kind words, wah jadi reference, that is unexpected, but thanks! If you need to know something or have any questions you can always ask and I am happy to go out shooting with you. No need workshop lah haha. I don't keep secrets all my shooting techniques and philosophy I share out openly on my blog too.

      Delete
  2. I just bought the EM5, hope you can be my teacher !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a good teacher, but I share my knowledge and experience openly here on my blog!

      Delete
  3. This is a nice and refreshing set of photos... like the backlit shot too. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,
    In the "other" category on the poll, I am interested in a full description of the wifi features. I have a GX7 on order because it's the best M4/3 offering that permits reasonably full wifi tethering.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will surely do a dedicated section just for the wi-fi review.

      Delete
  5. Another "other" category request: battery life and camera longevity (i.e. design specs and shutter life). It's not always an option to replace batteries in difficult conditions (and on a tripod), and for those of us who do large-scale panoramas and time-lapse work, having a really durable shutter is critical: it's one of the reasons I still use my Olympus E30, as it has the same shutter mechanism as the E5 without the higher cost. Both of these are important criteria for acceptance, as well, as being a "pro" camera: having to manage multiple battery sets with multiple chargers in order to manage an active day of shooting is a major downside of the m4/3 world, and knowing that the shutter is designed for rated to over one hundred thousand shutter actuations gives us the ability to trust our cameras to deliver under difficult conditions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to wonder how unbiased and subjective a Olympus EMPLOYEE is able to review their OWN PRODUCT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not have to trust my review if you find it hard to believe. I am not here to convince everyone, but I do what I do best, shoot and share my opinion. After all, if you went through nearly 200 comments in my previous blog entry and all other response on my FB page you will see that my readers still wanted me to continue reviewing. It was based on this general consensus that I decided to continue doing what I do.

      Delete
  7. Great review as always Robin. Unfortunately, you'll always have those naysayers and conspiracy theorists who are going to question you. Your reviews have always been spot on. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete