Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kuching Short Holiday

I am finally back to my place in Kuala Lumpur, hence blogging activities shall resume as usual. I apologize if I have not replied any emails, comments or messages from the FB page. There are a thousand things in my mind which I need to sort out and it does seem like time is getting shorter and shorter somehow. 

As I have expected I did not get to shoot much when I was in Kuching.  I spent a full day shooting a friend's wedding, two full days providing assistance and support to a friend who was doing a video project and basically that left me very little precious time to spend with beloved mum, and catching up with a few friends. Consequently there was no shutter therapy session (much to my disappointment) but I did steal some shots for myself while I was helping out the friend's video shooting. 

Oh, and I brought Olympus home. Left the Sony behind. No particular reason. 

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5 and Zuiko Digital lenses, 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 or 25mm F2.8 pancake

Sarawak River
Part of the video shooting took us into a Sampan, a local wooden boat which is an important means of transport across the river, connecting the villages and Kuching city. Local folks, including school children use this river daily. 



The Sampan Man

Sarawak Laksa

Sarawak Laksa - The Best Breakfast any Sarawakian could ever ask for. 

Astana and State DUN building. 

The crew, inside the Sampan

Fred Yap, the director and cinematographer

Fishing

Near sunset

My hometown Kuching, is a beautiful place. It is peaceful and calm, very different from my daily life in Kuala Lumpur, the busy big city. I do wish I will find time to go home to Kuching again, and just shoot and shoot! Oh well, next time then!

11 comments:

  1. I am sure there are a lot more to Kuching then we Sarakawians can capture on camera. The market place, the kopi tian, the speed boats, shopping centres, roadside merchants, rain forests, long houses, beaches, fishermen, etc....

    Guess there is not much time and the food is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious set of photos ! Absolutely gorgeous, your golden hour scenery shots! And the shrimp portrait makes my mouth water ... I love your street shots of course, they're the ones that got me hooked - but very much appreciate these rare landscape captures of yours. Not really qualified to comment, just write to let you know you got an 80 year old lady fan in me !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!! I enjoy taking landscape as much as street, but where I work I do need to travel out of the city for better sceneries!!
      And glad to find an 80 yr old reading my blog!

      Delete
  3. Love the last two shots. Excellent framing and just loving the tones. Lovely catch on the silhouette of the sitting person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saq. Those are my favourite shots too!

      Delete
  4. so nice with ur pic..a view from sampan..really like ur pic..now i remember back when i was in standard 2..i always take a sampan as a transport at my hometown kelantan..miss that moment..good job robin..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hadi !!! Wow, that must have been a great experience using sampan back then!

      Delete
  5. Hi Robin !
    Good to have u back !:)
    sorry u had such little time with your mother ..
    Lovely scapes ... nice rendering too..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and no worries, I will spend more time with her when I return next time.

      Delete
  6. Mouthwatering laksa... and fantastic golden hour shots. What a lovely, serene and gorgeous ambiance there. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete