Saturday, June 08, 2013

Fremantle Sunset

Back in my old uni days, nearing the exam period I would take a bus (or train) all the way to Fremantle, and did my revision there. My favourite spot was a McDonalds (which has been closed down for years now) overlooking the sea. Imagine, sea breeze hitting your face, the sound of waves crashing on the shore, and the sight of magnificent ocean, while studying for that ridiculously difficult engineering paper. The calm and peace of the ocean balanced the mess and chaos in my mind. 

During my recent trip to Perth, Western Australia, I revisited this similar spot.

Olympus DSLR E-5 and Zuiko Digital 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 (focal length 88mm)

Life has been increasingly busy lately, and I did not have the time to go out for my usual shutter therapy sessions. I do wish I have more free time. At the same time I do wish there is a place (within local travelling distance!!!) to go to and just calm my ever chaotic mind. I guess, looking at this photograph that I took would suffice for now. 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    Great composition with awesome golden hour scene. Peace of the scene and calmness of the sea really give good effect to our chaotic soul.
    May you have a peaceful weekend, Robin.
    John Ragai

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy !..now that 's intensity... in COLOR..

    i liked the rendition ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin !
    Have u covered your color management anywhere on your blog .....kindly point it out and oblige [i m unable to find ]
    ....... I hope u do not mind me asking u this ...but it will b interesting to know... :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olympus color comes out usually just the way I wanted it to be. For this shot, I set the white balance to 7500K. That made a lot of difference.

      Delete
  4. Man, what a winner this is. Nothing short of spectacular. I love it - no, I adore it! The composition is spot-on, the colors stunning. And again, I cannot repeat it often enough: these Oly lenses are really stellar.

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olympus lenses are stellar indeed! Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Looking at your intense sunset...reminded me of waking up early in the mornings to capture sunrise in Matilda Bay nearby UWA. Freemantle 's a favorite place of mine for fish and chips as well as Subiaco for the small town simplicity...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I did wake up early and capture sunrise from Matilda Bay too!

      Delete

  6. It will certainly be value the extra effort, Gerhard described, as the lengthy run of the encounter could lie in cellular cell cellular phones. "Arguably that Cheap Diablo 3 Gold where the lengthy run of well-known activity being affected by will be," he said."Mobile gadgets are usually more user-friendly, are always linked, always with you and are linked into your way of way of life - an perfect combination for a actions system. PCs and wii won't be going away any time soon, but they won't be the well-known place for activity being affected by."There are some very lightweight linked RPGs and fight actions but not something with the opportunity and details of Buy Runescape Gold. This is why we’re so thrilled about what Runescape on cellular cell cellular phones could become. Not only does it begin up a new gamer system, but it reconnects lapsed gamers because they have now got a more realistic way to execute their conventional most preferred.

    ReplyDelete