Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Preview: Charmaine & Christopher's Wedding in Perth, Australia

In case you have not figured it out, the main reason I was in Perth, Western Australia for the past week was to shoot dear friends Charmaine and Christopher's wedding. Shooting wedding for friends whom I have known for many years is a different experience than shooting for clients that I do not personally know in life. The moments during the wedding day, each laughter, each tear, each beautiful emotion expressed carried special meaning even to myself. It was surely a privilege to witness the happiness of Char and Chris first hand, and to be able to capture them as an official photographer was a blessing I could not have asked for more. 

These are just preliminary edits I am compiling for quick preview. I shall upload my usual series after final delivery of photographs. 


For more photos, please visit my Facebook Page here: http://www.facebook.com/shuttertherapy
While you are at that, please do support by clicking "Like" !!

The interesting fact I would like to share here is that, I originally knew Charmaine through blogging !! No kidding here, before I was crazy about photography I was already an active blogger. (back in the days where bloggers do have a respectable reputation and acknowledged strong presence in the Internet. Not too sure what happened to Malaysian blogging scene these days, I somehow do not want to consider myself a part of it)

We became friends during my uni days (though we were both from different unis), and I got to know Chris when Char and Chris were already together. They have been great friends who stood by me, even through some of my toughest times in Perth, and I shall cherish this friendship forever. Thank you both, Char and Chris so much for having me in your most beautiful wedding! Seeing your happiness brought much joy to myself, and I pray nothing but abundant blessings for you two. 

Strange, but true, this blog has brought many unforgettable memories and adventures, and I have known some life-long friends from it !! 

16 comments:

  1. just "Liked" your fb page .. haha..

    Congratulations to your friends.. and i love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROSE WONG!!!! Harlow !!!! Long time no seeeeee.

      Delete
  2. Robin,

    I know exactly what you mean. Blogging is such a great platform to meet like minded people whether they be in the same country or somewhere halfway around the world.

    I just started blogging myself just recently. So I hope I have as much success in meeting friendly folks as you have. I never knew blogging would actually require some work though ;)

    Regards,
    Warren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Warren,
      Glad that you have picked up blogging !! I am sure the fruits of the labor will be so worth it. Anything good comes only after hard work !

      Delete
  3. Would like to see the wedding pics for sure... ! You have quite a unique style when shooting weddings and you should be doing this full time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johan !!
      However, I might starve more if I become a wedding photographer in Malaysia!

      Delete
  4. Great shots Robin! I'm surprised you're not shooting full-time. Your shooting ability is definitely at a professional level!

    Anyways, just wanted to drop by and say hi. I enjoy visiting your blog often! It inspired me to start photo blogging as well! ;-)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jonathan
      Thank you for the kind words!!! I do have thoughts of going full time but then again wedding photography market in Malaysia is so saturated at the moment.
      I am glad that you have started a blog!! I hope you keep that place updated!

      Delete
  5. hi robin..like ur story robin..its remind me back to school day..if we need to know somone n to contact them..we need to call or write a lettervto them..its hard to get d answer or story back from them..but now with new technology era..just one click we can know almost d whole story around d world wherever we are..
    like d whole pic robin..did u know that i get my 1st task to take a pre wed pic from my close friend..and i know my friend from my fb page!!..hahaha..so nervous to take a pre wed pic but i must take it as a challenge..thnx to u robin as ur blog very useful to me as a reference..really2 best to knowing u..never bored to read ur blog till now..
    *hadi nik*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Had I,
      I am glad that you are taking pre wedding photos for your friends!!! Only going through such assignment will make you stronger and become better photographer!
      Nonetheless I am not sure if my blog is suitable to be a reference since I too, am still experimenting and learning most of the time!! Thanks for your constant visit and support really apprecite it a lot!

      Delete
    2. d truth is ur blog always tell me how to compose d pic..how to use d iso, shutter n apperture setting in any situation n condition..really appreacite it..and i will strongly support u..
      *hadi nik*

      Delete
  6. Very, very nice indeed - as usual. I can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andre,
      Thanks for the kind words!!!

      Delete
  7. Tough job Robin. So easy to miss something important if you're not used to shooting weddings. Also, ( not the case here ), I always think of the problem you'd have if the couple were middle aged and ugly. I only see samples of beautiful young couples, but that's not the norm. I guess 80% of all wedding photos are never shown as advertising samples. By the way, wouldn't it be interesting to just do a wedding with the OMD-E5 and 17mmf/1.8 in B & W only! Like Cartier Bresson doing a wedding........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christian,
      I can absolutely relate to what you mentioned, our job in shooting wedding is to make sure that the wedding couple looked at their best. If they were not good looking to begin with, life for us photographers would be very difficult!!
      I am not sure about using the 17mm, I have been using 11-22mm and 50mm combination for so long. However, I am very excited about the all black and white idea!!!

      Delete
  8. Good Wedding Idea, Catering Perth, Restaurants Perth and Cafe in Perth.

    ReplyDelete