Friday, April 26, 2013

My Holi Photos Published in Local Magazine!

Remember my blog entry on Holi, the Festival of Colors about a few weeks back (click here if you have not seen the blog)? Fortunately for me, Advanced Images Magazine spotted my photographs and requested to be featured on April/May 2013 issue. Therefore, if you are nearby any bookstore or magazine rack in the country, you can find my photos of the beautiful and colorful festival at Page 66-69 (spanning 4 pages!!!) with a short write up on the event. 

Here are some snapshots of these pages, of my photographs which were in PRINT (a rarity for my photos). 





Much to my surprise, in the same magazine issue, I spotted myself on page 23, in an event coverage on the recent Olympus Macro Workshop conducted by amazing friends Amir Ridhwan and Sanjitpaal Singh. 

This can only mean one thing, I have become more active in local photography scene, which was one of my goals this year. Go out more, shoot and participate. Be a part of the wonderful photography community. The world is a lot bigger and I don't want to be on my own island. 



One day, I do wish to have my own exhibition. That would be so cool. And perhaps being featured in more prominent publications. But hey, lets not rush things. I shall work my way from bottom up, and celebrate every little success that comes my way. One small step at a time, and I must remind myself it is the journey that matters, not the destination !!

45 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the publishing! Incredible shots worth featuring, obviously. Also I'm glad to see you're in the process of achieving your goals you set for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !! Slowly, but surely steadily.

      Delete
  2. Robin,

    Congratulations, definitely I will have a look at the magazine. Keep the good works.

    jAb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    Congratulations, I wouldn't be surprised at all when your photos become published more frequently!

    -Warren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Warren !! I sure hope that happens !

      Delete
  4. Congrats Robin. You really deserved it. Looking forward to your next success!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joseph,
      Same goes to you, glad to see your photos were also published in the same magazine !

      Delete
  5. I shall work my way from bottom up,.....
    As I see it, you are at the top already
    Great work Robin,as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Tommy !! Top is still a long way up ! But there is no rush!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Well deserved, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations... but d... i can't get the magazine here.

    Superb work as far as i can see.

    Is Olympus watching and ready to get you to shoot for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey TH Wong,
      Thanks ! I think they have their own photographers, some even in National Geographic!

      Delete
  8. Robin,

    Congratulation,
    we are very thankful for what you have done for the photography community.

    pt
    paul tirajoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paul,
      Thanks for the kind words, it was my pleasure to contribute !

      Delete
  9. Congrats Robin, that's a lovely spread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job robin..what can i say..now d people start to appreciate ur work..keep up ur good work robin..
    *hadi nik*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work and truly well deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but please do leave a name when you comment next time.

      Delete
  12. Donald W Leitzel4/27/2013 03:23:00 AM

    Robin

    Well deserved recognition.

    Keep up the good work.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Robin, that is very cool! Congratulations! You photos look GREAT in a published magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gregg,
      Thanks !! Indeed, they look great in print !

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on being published, recognition is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, very encouraging indeed!

      Delete
  15. Well done Robin. Recognition from the 'mainstream' is a fine reward for your excellent work.
    PaulS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations. This is only the beginning as other publishers will recognize your skills and include your photos and articles in their magazines. Wishing you all the best.
    SiewKS

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Festival of Color photos were some of your best when I first saw them on your blog earlier. Love the colors of paint splattering in the air, as shown in magazine image above and the range of emotion of people having fun at the event. Great captures of expression. Would have liked to have attended the event. Hope they do something like that here in our area. Is it a yearly event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian V,
      Thanks for the compliments !!
      Holi originated from India, and the grandest of celebrations still happens in India, and yes, it is an annual event. Since we have quite a large Indian community in Malaysia, the major celebrations such as Thaipusam, Holi and Deepavali are also celebrated here.

      Delete
  18. QUIT.DAY.JOB.NOW.ROBIN.

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I hope they paid you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers !! It was non paid for featured photographers. Unless you are a contributor.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved recognition. As is proven once again - quality always wins!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved recognition. As is proven once again - quality always wins!

    ReplyDelete