Saturday, April 13, 2013

A BIG Thank You, and my Travel to Perth, Australia Soon.

In my previous blog entry I was ranting about my initial dilemma on whether to start advertising on my blog to earn a few extra bucks, or maintain it as it has always been: ad-free. I also have voiced up my concerns on the adverse effects that the advertisements may cause. Unexpectedly, I have received overwhelmingly positive and encouraging response from you beautiful people, and honestly, I was a little shocked, but extremely greateful to everyone at the same time. THANK YOU all so much for being understanding, taking the time to reassure me of the path that I will undertake and remind me to stay true to myself. Rest assured I will do my best to make sure shutter therapy goes on. With shutter therapy sessions, come photographs that I can use here in my blog, and then the random thoughts that I can throw around with the photographs !!



Next week, on Tuesday 16th April 2013 I will be flying to Perth, Western Australia and stay there for about a week. I will be shooting my dear friends' wedding in Perth, and I have been looking forward for this photo-assignment and holiday break for a long, long time. It has been a while since I traveled out of the country, and it has been more than 5 years since I left beloved Perth, where I have left behind a huge chunk of my heart.

I am not sure if any of you awesome people are in Perth, but if there are, I would love to meet up and have a cup of coffee with you !! Do let me know. Email me and we will be in touch. 

I am making a list of things I want to eat and places I want to visit/re-visit. If you do not know, this blog was started when I was still a university student in Perth, back in the year 2005. It has come a long way since. When I was there all I had was a compact point and shoot Kodak camera. Now, I think it will be interesting to return with more capable gear, and more importantly, a fresh set of eyes. I think I will see Perth differently this time, after being away all these years. 

Either way, I just can't wait to be there. Exciting times ahead. 

Before Perth, there is still this coming Sunday (I am working on Saturday till late night, so no shoot on Saturday) where I am expecting to have an awesome shutter therapy session, and an interesting cultural event to follow right on the very same day. If everything goes well, there will be tonnes of photographs coming up just in time before I have my one week time off from Malaysia. 

15 comments:

  1. No harm in allowing ads as long as they are not distractve or gaudy and would ruin the mood of your blog. If they help your excellent blog stay afloat, so be it. Don't worry about it, you won't lose any viewers I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ulfiecat,
      Thanks for understanding and show of support ! Appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to see your coming Shutter Therapy, and of course also in Perth! A little too early to say so, perhaps, but have a GREAT trip to Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre !! Will make sure I snap plenty of photographs.

      Delete
  3. Robin,

    Have a good time visiting your friends and alma mater.

    pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advertising will definitely helps in funding for better camera gear/stuff you need ;p At least that's what I benefits from. Looking forward for the wedding photos taken by you~

    Remember to have fun at Perth Robin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging remarks ! I sure will have great fun in Perth !

      Delete
  5. I do look forward to seeing what you think of Perth now. It has been the huge growth centre here is Australia for a few years as a result of the great minerals boom. I especially look forward to seeing your photographs with your current equipment. Have a great time while you are here.

    PaulS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey PaulS,
      Thanks !! I miss Perth, so there will be a lot of nostalgic feeling as I shoot. Can't wait !

      Delete
  6. Donald W Leitzel4/13/2013 09:21:00 PM

    Robin

    As long as you stay true to yourself, comment with integrity and continue to grow with your honest photography the adds will have no effect on your excellent blog. I will continue my daily visits.

    Best of wishes

    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and support, Don !!

      Delete
  7. Hi Robin,

    Have a great trip, I'm sure you will enjoy it. As far as the monetizing goes, well done on making the decision. You deserve a reward for your work, and there are plenty of ways to remain unbiased while doing so.

    Cheers, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent article. Lots of information . Thanks for the useful information very helpful. Great article keep up the good work.
    assignment help australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that each of us has the potential to create personal
    miracles, and to spread these miracles throughout the world.
    He was instrumental in MTV showing African American artists.
    The reliable reviews on business and forecast about products
    and services.

    my web-site - Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete