Sunday, March 03, 2013

HOT !!! Coming Olympus Macro and Wildlife Photography Workshops

I do believe it is extremely important to acknowledge the people who have largely influenced and helped you in a great deal to get you to where you are. 

I consider myself very blessed to have known two very important photographers who inspired and shaped me over the years of my photography journey. They are Amir Ridhwan and Sanjitpaal Singh, both proud Olympus supporters, and amazing photographers. Why am I suddenly bringing them up out of nowhere? There will be coming Macro and Wildlife Photography workshops organized by Olympus Malaysia, and both Amir and Sanjit will be the workshop conductors. 

The images in this entry were re-used from my older collection of macro shots. Taken with either Olympus DSLR E-520, or E-5 and Zuiko Digital 50mm F2 macro lens







The following are the official adverts taken from Olympus Malaysia Facebook page:

1) MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP

Interested with Macro Photography Course? 
Please come and join our Macro Photography workshop which will be held on this coming 16th March, 9:30am – 3:30pm at the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) Kepong, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Speakers are Sanjitpaal Singh recent IPA (International Photo Awards) winner and Amir Ridhwan

You may view some of their artwork at:





For more information and registration purpose, kindly check with following link:




2) WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP

Interested in Wildlife Photography Course? 
Please come and join our Wildlife Photography workshop which held at this coming 20th April, 9:30am – 3:30pm at KL Bird Park Kuala Lumpur

Speaker is Sanjitpaal Singh recent IPA (International Photo Awards) winner 

You may view some of his artwork at: Sanjitpaal Singh http://www.jitspics.deviantart.com/gallery/



For more information and registration purpose, kindly check with following link:



Amir Ridhwan in action, from one of my many adventures with him. We were at Kemensah Forest Reserve in the middle of a Friday Night. 
I have Amir to thank for being able to do shots like these. 






I have known Amir Ridhwan from a local photography forum, and I have come to admire and respect his photography skills, specifically when it comes to insect and spider macro. His favourite macro target was spider. He produces some of the best macro images I have seen in Malaysia, and his generosity and willingness to share have helped me a lot along my growth and learning curve in my own macro photography. I have a lot to thank Amir for, and all those macro shots in my Olympus gear review would not be possible without guidance and help from Amir in the first place. Amir has brought me and fellow macro enthusiasts into some really funky shooting locations in Kuala Lumpur, and one of them being the Kemensah Forest reserve where we went in exploring our macro victims in the middle of the night !! I must say, that adventure was one of the most thrilling encounter and photography experience, ever ! Now, he is being engaged by Olympus Malaysia to conduct a macro workshop, I'd say, if you are really willing to learn and explore macro photography and you need guidance and inspiration, go to that workshop, and learn from the best of the best himself, Amir !

Read more here:
Kemensah Night Macro Hunt Part 1 (click) and Part 2 (click)


Sanjitpaal Singh is no stranger to the local photography community here in Malaysia. He has been long involved with Olympus Malaysia, shooting professionally for them way before I did my first review of the Olympus E-5. Sanjit is a nature lover, and his passion has brought him deep into the jungle, shooting wildlife. The first time I have seen Sanjit's presentation was at an open event Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2008, where he shared tips on wildlife photography. I was instantaneously amazed by his photography work as well as his dedication to shooting wildlife (he would spend weeks in the jungle !! Insane !!). Recently, he has won a second place in a prestigious IPA award in a professional category. Earlier last year, I was given an opportunity to work closely with Sanjit for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 review series, where he was doing the review for the video part of the E-M5, with the majority of his footage being shooting me in action while I was reviewing the photography part of the E-M5 (sounds cool eh?). It was an honor and privilege to have worked beside Sanjit, I can see how he got where he is today. His dedication and determination were unparalleled, and he never ran out of creative ideas !! Now, he will be conducting the Macro Photography Workshop alongside Amir, and then the subsequent Wildlife Photography Workshop on his own. 

Read more here:
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Review: Video Review and Behind the Scenes

If you want to learn, then learn from the best. I will be at those two workshops, so if you are going, do say hi to me !! I shall also be documenting the workshops and share as much as I can on this blog. 

I hope to see some of you there !!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time, and a great learning opportunity! I won't be able to travel half way around the globe to attend, but I certainly look forward to seeing some of your photos documenting the event, and also more of your already spectacular macro shots. The macro photos that you put in this blog post should cause National Geographic Society to start calling you very soon now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Gregg, surely I will do my best to document the event.
      I have still a long way before any of those shots can be called Nat Geo worthy !

      Delete
  2. Hi Robin, Oh my, these workshops/speakers are such a long way from home for me. I guess I will just have to keep learning by my own trial and error... and of course get inspiration from your blog photos and stories behind the photos!! Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peter,
      I will do my best to document the event and share whatever I can, as usual !

      Delete
  3. Some stunning shots there! First class work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre !! But first class is a stretch too far !

      Delete
  4. Hello! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I needed
    to ask. Does running a well-established website like yours require a large
    amount of work? I'm completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can
    easily share my experience and views online.

    Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or
    tips for new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!


    Also visit my blog post :: 401k contribution limits 2013

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work
    and coverage! Keep up the awesome works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

    my web site ... judi bola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought an Olympus XZ-2 and am interested in workshop for underwater , macro and wild life I cannot understand how to focus and just spent one week in Cayman frustrated can you help?
    Beatriz

    ReplyDelete