Friday, March 08, 2013

Aizuddin's First Solo Exhibition at Leica Store, Avenue K

When I saw Aizuddin's posting on Facebook announcing his first solo exhibition at Leica Store, Avenue K, I just told myself I must make time to be there. I have known Aizuddin Danian for a while now and I am constantly amazed by his photography work, which he does share in his blog here (click). His exhibition was titled "Themes of Istanbul", which is a series of photographs taken from his visit to Istanbul (obviously), all taken with a Leica M9. In total there were 10 photographs printed out for the exhibition, and scattered around the Leica Store. I went for the opening reception, and it was such a joy seeing a friend having his photography worked being recognized, and proudly displayed in a public space !!

All images were taken shamelessly with a Sony camera in a Leica Store. 
Sony A350 and 35mm F1.8

Here is Aizuddin Danian, the man himself!











To Aizuddin, congratulations on your maiden exhibition, I am sure this is the first of many to come. The quality of your work displayed in this series is nothing short of breathtaking, and it clearly showed your development into a great photographer, and keep that passion burning !!

5 comments:

  1. Nice, your friend must -and rightly so- be proud. What I like about these pics is how they show Aizuddin's obviously extrovert, communicative personality, and how he captures the attention of the audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andre,
      Yeah he must be very proud of his achievement indeed !

      Delete
  2. Seems like you are always the first to beat the band and to encourage others. I'll bet he was thrilled to have the photo coverage of the event ;-) Looks like a happy guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Libby,
      He looked very happy during the event, and that was one good reason why I shoot, seeing others happy makes me happy too !

      Delete
  3. The Sony store will have an exhibition for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete