Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Chinese New Year Holidays

I shall be flying home to Kuching, my beloved hometown in a day's time for my long holiday in conjunction with the coming Chinese New Year (also known as the Lunar New Year) celebrations. I fully intend to spend as much time as possible with families, close relatives and friends during my time there. Therefore, this blog will be rather inactive for one or two weeks from now. For the first time, I have also decided to leave my dying laptop behind and just make do with a China branded al-cheapo Android based tablet PC for my Internet needs. 

Live performance at Tom, Dick & Harry's


Who knows, if my fingers get unforgiving itchy I shall bring out the camera for short shutter therapy sessions, and find a way to blog through the Android tablet. Even so, the updates here will be sporadic. Hey, cut me some slack, I have been well disciplined in keeping my blog alive and frequently updated with new photographs for more than half a year since my last long break. Trust me, when I return from my break, I will be recharged and refreshed, and I shall run this blog in full swing.

I look forward to this 2013 Chinese New Year celebrations, as I will be united with some friends and relatives that have been away for quite some time. Plenty of catching up to do. And I have not even bought a present for dearest mum yet. So much to do, so little time left. And yes, I am getting very, very efficient at last minute packing. 

Until then, feel free to browse through the links connections I have included at my sidebar, some are friends who shoot regularly with me, and some are inspirations from real great photographers I have found online.

I will return !!

25 comments:

  1. Happy holiday Robin ...GONG XI FA CHAI !!!!!
    *hadi nik*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year 2013! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johan, Happy New Year to you too !

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful trip and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, relax, enjoy your time with your family, and bring back lots of new photos to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great CNY with your loved ones!

    Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 新年快樂,蛇年行大運!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai! Shoot more photo about Kuching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too Kelvin !! And you should shoot more photos in Penang !!

      Delete
  9. Happy Chinese New Year! And have a wonderful and refreshing trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre!!
      I am sure it will be wonderful and refreshing too

      Delete
  10. Hai Robin,

    Happy Chinese New Year!
    btw, coz i'm in the proses saving some money to purchase a lens for my new e-pl5 (it's definitely good high ISO, like u said :) ),
    i'm curious, the sharpness of the pana 20mm f1.7 vs m.zuiko 17mm f1.8 ... i want to heard your opinion, it will help me a lot to decide, which one i gonna pick ...

    thx again, best regard dennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denie,
      If you are using the E-PL5, the 17mmF1.8 would surely work more efficiently, especially in terms of fast AF and image correction done in camera.

      Delete
  11. Happy CNY! You rock.

    Chim
    A frequent reader of your blog, and frequent visitor to Kuching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chim, and happy CNY to you too!

      Delete
  12. Hey Robin,

    Sending my warm chinese new year wishes to you on this CNY 2013. May you continue to flourish and succeed.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missy Lass,
      Thanks for the kind wishes, and Happy CNY to you too!

      Delete
  13. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just desire to say your article is as surprising.
    The clarity in your post is simply spectacular
    and i can assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

    Here is my website: healthy diet plans

    ReplyDelete