Sunday, December 23, 2012

The World Did Not End, Shutter Therapy Must Go On

You know to be entirely honest I was a little bit disappointed that nothing actually happened on 21/12/2012, after all the hype, theories and dramas everywhere. Perhaps a little bit of snow in Malaysia would be nice, and I have always been wanting to see a tornado. I know it is not fun when it really happens, but seriously, life would have been more exciting if something actually happened, even not at a large scale on the 21/12/2012. Oh well...

Nevertheless, since nothing interesting actually happened, lets just put that behind us, and make something happen for ourselves. For me? I choose to go on with my shutter therapy. I was meeting up with a fellow Sarawakian friend and amazing blogger, Cyril Dason and Dinah for lunch at Pavilion, KL earlier today. Therefore I planned my shutter therapy to coincide with the lunch meet. I arrived about an hour earlier, and an hour was more than I needed when I was shooting solo on the streets. 

All images were taken with Sony A350 and 50mm F1.8

Head scarfs



Sweetness

On the Steps

They come in pairs

Reading Place

Clinging

Construction barrier

Same street, different directions

Cute girl 1

Cute Girl 2

Cute Girl 3

I am currently in the midst of clearing my pending wedding photographs (previous assignment), which took out a huge chunk of my time. Imagine, each wedding assignment, I come home with 1000-2000 photographs (depending on magnitude, intensity and duration of the job), and filtering the photos, processing them will drain all my weekend away from me. 

Therefore, updates here will be slow for the next one or two weeks, but surely I will keep this place alive with photographs. That much, I can promise. Like I said, shutter therapy must go on !!

16 comments:

  1. "Sweetness" is a stunning image. It's the top shot of this series.
    Merry Xmas to you Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugo !!
      Merry Christmas to you too !

      Delete
    2. Today ls 22 where Mayans live so everyone survived. Nice blog, you and Ming Thein have similar styles, I enjoy the look you both give to Malaysia for the world to see. GOOD FORTUNE IN THE NEW YEAR. Rod

      Delete
    3. Hey Rod,
      Thanks for the kind words. Ming Thein is a great photographer and friend. Glad to have him blogging and sharing his thoughts and knowledge too.

      Delete
  2. I`m a gluten for Black and White but your colour images really shine here Robin :)

    Have a lovely Christmas and all the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul,
      Thanks !! I believe some photos work better in color, while the rest in B&W !

      Delete
  3. I love those cute girls! All Japanese style! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie. Something new opened in Fahrenheit and they were promoting that.

      Delete
  4. Hello Robin,
    Thank you for sharing another amazing street images. My favourite will be the Reading Place as it shows how important daily informations are for every walk of life. That's a strong image for me. Same street, Different direction also can bring out those good thoughts for the less fortunate and the sense of caring and love.

    Slow update? I can feel what you are going through. Shooting time is full of fun and joy but selecting the best image amongst the good images is tough, time consuming and headache. Hope you have an extra energy for the task at hand.
    Sorry to hear that you are solo shooting as I normally did. I believe when you hold the camera, you are ready for anything as the passion and eagerness to shoot kick in. Actually when I hold the camera to shoot, I have extra energy even how tired I am.

    As for me, bad luck again. I just extracted (with minor operation)my wisdom tooth yesterday and still on pain killer. Hopefully I will be back to normal by tomorrow as I am on duty to take photo in the Church.

    God is good. Hopefully all of us be in good health and celebrate Christmas in a joyfully mood.
    Wish you and your family, "Blessed Merry Christmas."
    John Ari Ragai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John,
      Whoah, tooth extraction, that is going to hurt a lot. No worries, I am sure it will be healed in no time.
      Thanks for the kind words again. You have a great and merry christmas too !

      Delete
  5. Perhaps not the end of the world, but the start of a new world full of hope and happiness and lots of shutter therapy! Thanks for brightening everyones day on a weekly basis and lots of good fortune for the new year. Like the new masthead of photos at the top of the blog! Whether Sony or Olympus or any camera, photos look really great, Robin.
    Adrian V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian for the kind words. It does not matter what camera we use, just go out and shoot !!

      Delete
  6. Some excellent images there, Robin. The shot with the icecream ad (and the girl with the white umbrella) is very strong. And the girls are very cute indeed! The script on the "parkamaya" labels looks Korean to me? Not sure. Thank you for sharing this wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robin!
    I always enjoy reading your inspiring posts and reviews. I wish you all the best in the coming New Year. Even without the end of the world, people like you will always have a lot of things to capture for the present and future generations. I love and support your 'Shutter Therapy' and it helps me get through everyday life.
    All the best!
    Az.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In that respect, this item does function or at
    the very least does not make untrue claims.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... www.prnewswire.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The user shall not have any issue in utilizing this
    item. How to accessibility diagnostics codes
    depends on the 12 months the Wrangler was made.


    Here is my web page :: obd2 code reader

    ReplyDelete