Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Of Squirrels and Monkeys

I wish Kuala Lumpur has more open parks with lusher greenery, so that our option for photography would not be stuck with everything steel and concrete. In my process of digging older photographs (which at the same time I discovered the previous entry's fashion show photos), I came across some rare squirrel shots which I did. I think I must have just acquired my Olympus E-5, and I was using the much loved 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 telephoto zoom lens. 







Even until today, I am still impressed at the sharpness of the Olympus 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 lens. It is cheap, yet very versatile, having wider than usual aperture opening for its price range, F3.5-4.5, versus all other manufacturer's similar offering of F4.5-5.6. Of course now I have the even better Olympus 50-200mm F2.8-3.5, but for some reasons I just could not let go of the older 40-150mm. I think it is the same reason as why I am still clinging on to the Olympus E-520. I know it is strange, but every time I picked them up, every time I saw the images they produced, I just had a hard time letting them go. 

15 comments:

  1. Awwwwww ... these are great, especially the middle one! Beautiful DOF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pcis! I am speechless. Six more months before we see greens again in where I live. I love the bokeh and the colors.
    Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice Robin! Very true to life colours! I also like the nice circular bokeh. I like the rendering the animals hairs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw the amount of details E-5 was able to capture I was quite stunned too !!

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos Robin! We have two of the newer and slower 40-150mm f4-5.6 which are also very very good for their price (as parts of double kit zoom packages). Mitchie, my wife even has an MMF-2 adapter to put it onto her E-PL1 Pen which is similarly sharp like an E-5 (same sensor I guess). Of course the autofocus of these older Pens is quite a bit slower than that of the newer ones or of an E-5. But even when I use it on my E-520, I'm still quite happy with that little gem of a telezoom. Not as sharp like this, but still quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that 40-150mm F4-5.6 was designed for, and released at the same time as the E-520 !! They even have twin kit lens deal for E-520. It works marvelously, and the newer 40-150mm F4-5.6 focuses much nearer than my old 40-150mm F3.5-4.5.

      Delete
  5. Very, very good shots. I love the biting sharpness of the subjects and the beautiful focus falloff into creamy, dreamy bokeh balls. Spectacular. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Andre !! Those were some old shots.

      Delete
  6. So cute! All of them. I love the monkey shot. Such a nice highlight on the eye. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many kinds of products in Our store, and we have MBT shoes such as mbt shoes. Converse with leisure cloth shoes such as converses all star,Converse femme,all star converse. You can wear casual sneakers Nike go hiking,such as air max UK.There are beautiful clothes for you to choose such as polo ralph lauren,franklin marshall.Welcome to our shop the choose and buy.

    ReplyDelete