Sunday, December 30, 2012

Not So Close

I had just returned from a wedding assignment which took me almost two hours drive away from where I stay. The wedding took place at Sepang Gold Coast's premium location, the Golden Palm Tree Resort. Me and my photographer partner of the day, Fred arrived as early as 7am in the morning, and we shot a pre-wedding portraiture around the resort and beach locations in the morning. The actual day ceremony actually started in the evening, during sunset, which continued immediately to the reception dinner. All in all, it was surely a unique interesting wedding assignment to remember, and our hosts and also the newly weds have been overly generous and kind, taking care of me and my friend Fred very well. 

Coming home from a full day shoot, I just felt like taking the whole Sunday slow and easy. There was that constant nagging behind my head that reminded me to make time for some shutter therapy session, but my body just refused to move. Not wanting to just waste the whole day away, I finally decided to make a quick stroll (which then lasted less than an hour) and grab some shots. I was not exactly in the mood to go all out and attack the streets like tomorrow will never come, and I chose to shoot everything from a distance instead. Not my usual style, but it was necessary as I was not in the best of myself to approach strangers and make things work. 

All images were taken with Sony A350 and DT 50mm F1.8 lens

Climb



Public Exposure

Wheels

Hands

She Knows

Steps

Digits

Spaces

I guess when you get deeply involved or being overly passionate about something, you tend to cause some sparks there and here unintentionally, and that spark, if not taken care of, may start a fire. The short shutter therapy session was much needed to clear my mind off some things which have been saturating my mind lately. 

New Year 2013 is upon us. I am not sure if I should be making my list of resolution for the coming year, it is not a tradition that I keep, but I sure am open to new ideas. 

24 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as "overly" passionate. How can you be too much in love with something? Nah, its better called "fascinated".

    A little step further would be "fanatical", which, I am sure, you are not. You're too well-grounded and balanced for that. You're struggling with something, I can sense that. Just follow your heart and all will be well.

    End of lecture :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre !! Well appreciated your words of wisdom.

      Delete
  2. You ok there , Robin? You don't sound too bubbly and kinda depressed there. Take care and keep the shutters moving! Oh, and Happy New Year in advance btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey digitalink,
      No worries I am ok here, thanks for the kind concern. I guess I have been too exhausted mentally and physically, but I will recover. Thanks for the encouragement !

      Delete
  3. What so exhausted mentally? Let talk on Tuesday, I will listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos as always Robin. Love those black & whites you're getting with the cheap and old Sony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wolfgang !! Sony does not disappoint after all.

      Delete
  5. Hello Robin,
    Great images especially the Steps and the Space. I believe these two images can help a tired body and a cluttered mind. Balance your steps and give some space for yourself once awhile, then you will be ok in no time. Shutter therapy is a must though. That's our main energy charger.
    May you have a relaxing evening while processing those wedding shots.
    John Ragai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John for the kind words and encouragement. Well appreciated

      Delete
  6. "Climb" is so cool! I love the broken symmetry. "Spaces" also is very good. The expression of the girl and of the guy to the right makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hugo,
      Thanks for the kind remarks ! Climb was my favourite for this session.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful photographs. Happy new year from Austin, Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirk !!
      Happy New Year to you and your family !

      Delete
  8. Another beautiful set of photos. You have the eye to capture images in a frame many cannot see. Even from a distance.
    Perhaps you may have offended some people with your work that they dont appreciate. Or step on someone else's toes. I maybe wrong.
    But you should continue to do what you believe in. What makes you so passionate about. Ignore the unconstructive criticism. Ignore the noise around you. Everything will become clearer.

    Happy New Year. And may you hit > 10 mil page views by next year this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Calex,
      Thanks so much for the kind words and words of wisdom.
      You can read between the lines, and you were almost right. I shall take your advice, which is much appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Only recently discovered your blog. I keep coming back mostly because of your pictures and less because of your Olympus gear reviews.

    They are very very good in my opninion and make me want to go out more!

    Thank you so much for that and all the best for 2013!

    Victor (the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victor !!
      Lets hope 2013 is a good one !

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge, I'm always learning whenever I look at your site, that is everyday and sometimes more than once in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luis for the kind words. Happy New Year to you too !

      Delete
  11. Being not in a mood doesn't affect your shots at all, these are great photos you have. I enjoy watching it. More great shots this 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !! Lets make 2013 a great one with more photos !

      Delete
  12. I simply just LOVE the first picture in this post!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muri !! It is my personal favourite too.

      Delete