Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Less Talk

I had a lot of things going on in my life lately, having visitors coming from other states, taking up unusual photo assignment (Marathon and Prom night, never knew I would be shooting those) and I just did not have the time to sit down and sort out the thoughts in my head. In the midst of all the happenings and hectic schedule, I did cramp in a little time for shutter therapy, which was desperately needed to keep myself sane. 

So here goes, some photographs from last weekend's shutter therapy, with less words so the photographs can speak louder. 

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5 and Zuiko Digital 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 and 50mm F2 macro lens. 

The crazy bunch I was shooting with



Morning read

Earphones
Morning Pipe

White frame

In the middle of two beggars

On the floor

I love shooting cats !

Kids trap

The balloon seller

Trishaw on the road

Indian ladies

Walk the Religion



Drag it

Closeness

Chapathi House

The location of shoot was Jalan Masjid India, and the session was ended with a good cup of coffee, and subsequently hearty lunch within the shooting area. 

Exciting times are coming ahead. There will be "new stuff" shown in this blog in a few entries to come. Stay tuned !

19 comments:

  1. Hello Robin,
    Thank you for sharing those great street life images and I love them. I missed the street and your images help.
    May you have a great day.
    Happy shooting.
    John Ari Ragai

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, robin. nice set of pictures. like the picture of an aunt smoking cigar..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amiruddin, that's my favourite too !

      Delete
    2. I would have to agree with this - its a great pic. I also like the perspective on the balloons - its pretty much how small children would see those ballons

      Cheers
      Shaun

      Delete
    3. Shaun, I see you are back !! Thanks for the kind compliments. Lets attack Pudu this Saturday. Will text you the details soon.

      Delete
  3. Exciting! I like the meaning behind each photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie with cigarette....awesome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to like that photo !

      Delete
  5. They are all great shots but I especially like the cat shots. Thanks for sharing. You have now idea how inspirational your blog photos are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second photo of the cat is incredible. The depth of field is so shallow that the tip of its nose is out of focus, and so are its ears, yet the eyes (especially the one on your right) are sharp as a tack. Also, that's a great job of panning the guy riding the trishaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gregg, previously I attacked many cats on the street with that 50mm lens. Super sharp, and love the bokeh that it does.

      Delete
  7. I like the Auntie with cigarette, nice grain nice B&W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelvin, thanks ! Grainy Film art filter

      Delete
  8. Great shot, as always, but I have one suggestion. It could be interesting and valuable to write (in the bracket) under the picture, with the name of the picture, what was setting of the your DSLR.

    Best regards,
    Zeljko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zeljko,
      Thanks for the kind compliments. I used to type in the EXIF settings individually for each image but it gets very, very tiring when I have possible 20-30 images in one blog. The amount of work and time spent on typing in the EXIF is just not practical. Therefore, if you really want to find out, you still can, just download the image to your PC and view the EXIF which I have left intact inside the image.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Robin. I dont know that.

      Delete
  9. good photos!

    meandphotography.wordpress.com

    Do visit my site too :)

    ReplyDelete