Saturday, February 04, 2012

Shoot, Shoot and Shoot

The long weekend has arrived, with public holidays stretching until next Tuesday. Waking up early morning, I was excited and brought along my gear to my usual street hunting ground to do some shutter therapy. It has been quite some time since I last shot on the streets alone. It was rather refreshing being all by myself, focusing on the shots that I wanted to make happen without worrying if I was walking too fast or having the need to wait for others. I did not have to entertain anyone, hence I have my full concentration to shoot. No conversations, more brain power dedicated to making photography happen.

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5 and Zuiko Digital lenses: 11-22mm F2.8-3.5, 25mm F2.8 pancake and 50mm F2 macro.

Reflection


A mother's desperation.

Random building in Jalan Masjid India

Black

Carrying

Difficulties in life

Straight ahead

Heavy

Being small

Boredom

Light

Cheerful

Kid's language

Home on the street

Speed Variance

Truthful Sign

Transport

Nature's call

More photographs shall come soon. The weekend is still young, and I have lots of things planned out. Nonetheless, do give me some feedback on the photographs !! Cheers.

25 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,

    Another wonderful series. I can see your into the "Black and White phase." Visually its more powerful than taking pics in colour. Great job mate!

    Have you seen the new OM-D aka EM5 from Olympus? The pic is at 43rumors.com. Looks like it a great camera to behold. It's the E5's little brother. Hopefully as good if not better. Can't wait for you to review it.

    Eric V
    from Edmonton Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fine example of street photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eric,
    Thanks for the kind words !!
    Indeed the E-M5 looks very sexy. Cant wait to see it happen, and hopefully I get to reveal it. So far everything in the rumor site is making it look great.

    Thanks Vladimir.
    Still learning and improving here

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Robin, really love the first 2 pix
    thx again for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eric !!
    It was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love "speed variance"
    just letting you know, waiting to receive a used OM zuiko f/1.8 50mm from b&h :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Richard,
    Thanks !!
    Wow, OM 50mm F1.8, you will surely love what the lens can do for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Particularly liked the first one and the two with the cats. There must be a lot of cats in KL lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Jan,
    Thanks !! There are many cats in KL, you were right. And I love cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic series of photographs. How did you get the cats to pose ;-) . You must have been working very fast! Speed variance is amazing also. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Marco,
    Sometimes, it is about luck, and sometimes, it is about how fast you respond when you see something. I was lucky to capture the cat shot. The next second the cat moved away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @jan and robin, lots of rats too, when are we gonna see some rat shots?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Richard,
    True, but the rats are usually too fast and I don't use long lens usually on the streets ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Robin,

    Great series, like the choice for Black and White..
    You know... winter has started in Amsterdam..

    Take a look !

    http://olympus-e-5.blogspot.com/2012/02/vroeg-op-genieten-van-de-zonsopkomst-en.html


    Very kind regards

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Rick,
    Thanks for the kind compliments.
    Great set of photos !! I wish Malaysia has Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi robin, have the news? Something with O and M is being announced by Olympus on the 8th ?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey kasia,
    thanks!

    Hey richard,
    yes!! Waiting eagerly for the announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first shot with the building and the reflection is truly tremendous. I've been following your blog since your premiered the ep3; thanks for inspiring me to do more with my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks anonymous! I love the reflection shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Olympus OM-D was announced! When will you get to test it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bartosz,
    I was told not that soon I am afraid. Hope some miracle happens !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you excited for this camera? Will this camera replace the DSRL line? Please share your first impressions - maybe in a new blog entry? :)

    ReplyDelete