Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hanging Out and DOTA

It was the final night in Kuala Lumpur, before the day I fly home to Kuching for Chinese New Year holidays (which is later in the afternoon today). I can't wait to return to my beloved hometown, to catch up with family and relatives, and of course dearest friends many whom I have not seen for a long time.

It is ungodly 3.35am in the morning now, I have just got home from an outing with good friends here in Kuala Lumpur. We gathered at Old Town White Coffee (seems like the place to hang out these days) and had some nice drinks and chats. Chun Chow has gotten his new Olympus PEN E-PL3. Welcome back to the Olympus bandwagon, mate !!

All images were taken with Olympus DSLR E-5 and Sigma 30mm F1.4 lens

Old Town White Coffee


Thian Jin

Chun Chow's new PEN E-PL3

Wendy and Chun Chow

Panasonic G3 vs Olympus E-PL3. I pick Olympus. But I want that Panasonic 20mm F1.7 lens badly !! Can I mix and match?

Kaya and Butter Toast.

White Coffee, originated from Ipoh Town.

Thian Jin ordered Peanut Butter Toast

This is me, and how I look like for Chinese New Year. Any comments? I know I know, the lack of hair. But I kinda like it.

Jack killing people (in game of course) in a cybercafe.

Jack and Thian Jin. Thanks heaps guys for the night out, it was exactly what I needed !!

Let the game begin !!

As the night progressed further, the highlight was actually to head to a nearby cybercafe, and started to play DOTA (Defense of The Ancients). Boy, have I not played on LAN (Local Area Network) for a long time, goodness !!! It took me a little bit of getting used to, but after a while, me, Thian Jin and Jack started to torture the others as if they owe us money. I have got a good number of  Double Kills and one Triple Kill I think, which wrapped up the night pretty well for all of us. Thian Jin proved to be a capable leader of the pack and Jack was the tank of the night, being nearly invincible all the way. I think we have had plenty of excitement and fun !!! What a great way to end my last night in KL before heading home to Kuching. Thanks guys !

I have not even started packing yet, and my flight is due in about 8 hours from now. Oh dear, I really should avoid such last minute packing (I have been saying this again and again but still do it nonetheless).

Kuching awaits. People, lets meet up and have some fun yo !!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Robin! It really doesn't matter about the hair as it does grow back. Be thankful you have some!! HAHA Was wondering how you like the 30 1.4 as I see you shooting quite a bit with it. What aperature do you use mostly to get the very shallow DOF? You always make me want to buy something and was thinking of the Sigma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe journey back to Kuching, mate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alf,
    Thanks, and I will !!

    Hello Carl,
    Thanks !! I know I know, but a little change of appearance would be too shocking to some people.
    The reason why I use the Sigma 30mm F1.4 so often is because I am still not used to the lens AF behaviour. Recently, I have come to admit that the AF is quite unreliable when used on E-5, but it is rather good when used on E-520. The logic, as explained by one of my readers is because the lens was designed for the old 3 point AF system since E-1. The newer AF system seems to have a bug when coupled with this 30mm lens.
    I varied my aperture for different shooting conditions, if you really need to know exact F-number you may save the images on the blog, I left all the EXIF data intact.
    I use between F1.4 to F2.8. For food shots, I need to see more texture, hence I need more DOF, so I will stop to F3.5 or F4 if I need to.
    For people shots, if I go too close (headshots) i rarely shoot F1.4. If I step back a bit, if the lighting was really poor, and if I really do want to throw away the background, then I use the F1.4

    Thanks Dreamie and Chong for the well wishes !! Same goes to you guys, Gong Xi Fa Cai !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply really like this tute! Thanks for discussing so many nice ideas around most! I enjoy your eye with regard to fabrics. The almighty Thanks a lot and your family! http://buyteraonline.com/
    http://rsgoldfsbest.com/

    ReplyDelete