Friday, October 14, 2011

Undernourished

I found an extremely skinny cat. I had my ever-ready Olympus PEN E-PL1 with 14-42mm mk1 kit lens mounted on it. I zoomed in the lens to the furthest 42mm end, at the widest F/5.6 aperture opening. I moved myself closer and closer to the skinny cat. I fired one shot, *CLACK*, the skinny cat got scared by the shutter sound of the PEN and decided to disappear.

Olympus PEN E-PL1, ISO400, F5.6, 1/500sec

Seriously, Olympus, please dampen the shutter sound on your future PEN bodies !!! We do not have the mirror slapping sound but the mechanical shutter unit is still rather loud, especially when the surrounding is quiet.

4 comments:

  1. true that on the shutter. the shutter on the e1 was ideal and one of the reasons why i still have the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. since there is no mirror they could have made the camera near silent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and i thought the E-PL1 is slow in focusing... or this cat is too lazy to move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey calex tl
    the cat stayed very, very still, and it was under broad daylighy so the focusing was fine. but as soon as the shutter was fired... it ran lol. poor cat.

    ReplyDelete