Friday, July 29, 2011

Impromptu Street Shooting

Everyday, on my way back home from the construction site which I am currently stationed full time at, I would be passing by my favourite street hunting spot, Chow Kit, KL. The bus would stop by Chow Kit, and from there I took a train exchange directly to my place. This evening however, I got home slightly earlier than usual, and there was plenty of late sunlight. Armed with my everyday carry around camera Olympus PEN E-PL1, I decided to have a brief evening walk around the neighborhood before dinner. Little did I expect, there were some good photography opportunities already awaiting me at the corners !!

All images in this entry were taken with Olympus PEN E-PL1 and 14-42mm mk1.

A man and a bicycle.
PINHOLE Art Filter applied.


Tiles
GRAINY FILM Art Filter applied.

Abandoned children.
POP ART Art Filter applied.

Arm-less couple.
GRAINY FILM Art Filter applied.


Guess what those shirtless men were doing?
PINHOLE Art Filter

Backalley kids.

Roof on my head, but not on my legs.

ROAAARRRRRR
PINHOLE Art Filter applied

Headshot of one of my victims.

Two men and a broken car.
PINHOLE Art Filter applied.


In this particular session, I decided to just have fun, and not think too much about anything at all. Most of the images were point and shoot style. I shot everything in RAW this time, and applied the art filters and added some light post-processing. Nothing heavy, nothing spectacular. Just plain, simple images, showing what I came across on the streets, in less than an hour's walk.

Weekend is here, but it sucks that I have to work on Saturdays now. Full day work at site, life as a civil engineer is not exactly giving me much flexibility for shutter therapy sessions, but I shall make do with whatever time I have.

E-PL1, not nearly as powerful, fast and versatile as the new E-P3, but it still performed flawlessly, and I am loving it. A PEN is still a PEN, and is mightier than the sword.


4 comments:

  1. Roof on my head, but on my legs - this photo is the best from this series. Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bartosz,
    To be honest when I saw that I was a bit shocked !!! Very unexpected actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your photos, and the phrase about the mighty Pen .. they should use it, Olympus, in their advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Frank,
    Thanks a lot for the kind comments.
    Yes, the PEN is mightier than the sword, anytime !!

    ReplyDelete