I was at Chow Kit today, and I was there to witness the Pesta Chow Kit Kita, some sort of a celebration for a project that involves some development and training for the youths in Chow Kit, KL.
Being there, the thing that struck me the most was how much the kids truly enjoyed themselves. I was figuring out ways to capture their pure happiness beaming out uncontrollably from their facial expressions. In the end, I decided to record a short video clip of the street "flash mob dance".
taken with Olympus E-PL1, compressed by Windows Movie Maker and Youtube.
A few things to note:
1) The society is paying attention to Chow Kit, and I am glad to see strong measures being taken to ensure better future for the kids there.
2) Who cares if the dance was not synchronized, who cares if they do not really remember their moves, just get in there and dance !!
3) Sometimes, we care too much of what others might think of how we look and what we do we are pushing aside opportunities to have pure fun and happiness. Look at those kids, I am happy seeing them so happy !!
4) Photography was one of the activities in the training and development programme. Should I have known this earlier, I would love to volunteer in any way I can to contribute.
5) There is hope in Chow Kit, regardless of how depressing I made it sound in my blog. This could probably be the happiest entry I have blogged about Chow Kit.
I can see this video clip over and over and felt lifted up by the spirits of the young teens. Lets just pray and hope for greater things to come for them.