Thursday, March 24, 2011

Silhouette of a Beggar

I was standing in a position against a very strong sun light, and it was almost impossible to achieve decently balanced image, even so with the limited dynamic range on my old Olympus E-520. Armed with the 40-150mm F3.5-4.5, I decided to shoot the silhouette of the beggar instead. The scene was calling out to me, and I just could not pass by without snapping a shot, though the technical execution was far from perfect.



When was the last time you spare some coins, or buy a street beggar a nice, warm meal?

If this question makes you feel awkward and you ought to walk with me along Kuala Lumpur streets. It will open your eyes, wide.

8 comments:

  1. Robin, I want to thank you for this wonderful blog. I learn a lot from you, ...I also bought an E-5 not long a go..

    Here is a photo from a dutch scene

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60609980@N05/5540386797/

    I took this a few days a go.

    Greetings from Amsterdam.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rick !!
    It is so great to hear from you. Wow, you have got yourself an E-5. you must be loving it to bits.
    The photographs of Netherlands are BEAUTIFUL !! You really are making good use of the new E-5. Do share more with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. robin! is this your best photo or is this your best photo! i soooooo love how his white hair and beard contrasts with his dark skin!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marcus,
    Thanks man !! Long time no see, how have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photo! like this a lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete