Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chow Kit Frenzy Begins

People who know me know that I have been obsessed with Chow Kit, KL lately. There is something indescribable about the streets in Chow Kit that kept me going back again and again for more shutter therapy sessions. I just cannot seem to get enough of the things to photograph there, and I have always enjoyed my walk every time I was there. People have warned the dangers and risks of being in the unsafe districts of KL, with high crime rates. However, I see things differently. I see great photography opportunities. I see people, I see lives, I see untainted truths, I see preserved genuine Kuala Lumpur, I see a melting pot of various local cultures, I see heartful smiles and I see the soul of the streets.

One week ago, I was accompanied with Fariz and Ujai to Chow Kit. Not getting enough of my Chow Kit dosage, I decided to attack Chow Kit again today, in the early morning together with a great photographer friend, Aaron Chin.

The following are the sets of photographs from last week's walkabout session with Fariz and Ujai.

Circuit failure.

Cross Process Art Filter.

Cat nap.

Baby nap.

An army of street cobblers.

A serve of drink with glee.
Grainy Film Art Filter.

Sleepless on a pedestrian crossing overhead bridge.

Charcoal grilled seafood.

Freshly steamed sweetcorn.

A bench for public use.

Street tailor at work.

Old shops and a lady.


The following shots were taken a few hours ago, a shutter therapy session with Aaron Chin.
Sky was beautiful this morning !!

Fruits vendor

Walking difficulties.

A store of many needs.
Dramatic Tone Art Filter.

Broken, but not useless.

Morning deep ponder.

Counting the packets.

Chuckles. Gosh, love the natural catchlight on the eyes !!

Dramatic Tone Art Filter applied.

Guitar hero.

A man and a vacant stall.

Would you come and sit with me for a while.

Baking under morning sunlight.

Drying cloths, Chow Kit style.
Dramatic Tone Art Filter.

Conversations by the roadside.

Generally, lighting quality on the second session with Aaron Chin was much better, with clear skies and piercing side golden morning light which was very favourable on human shots. Nevertheless, I enjoyed both sessions equally thoroughly.

The weekend has just begun. There are a lot more things to look forward to.

The camera shall click on !!

15 comments:

  1. Ok now I'm proud to say I was there, I was there, oh yes, I was there too.

    Hahaha.

    The 50mmf2 is very sharp indeed!! Poison~~

    Oh, remember to remind me to shoot the sky sometimes after seeing your sky photo. Never tried to shoot one since Oly is famous for its blue sky color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hwy snow,
    thanks mate.
    The 50mm F2 is indeed extremely sharp, it is one of the sharpest lenses ever, out there.
    Sad case is, KL sky is usually ugly, you seldom see blue, clear skies. Nonetheless, when its blue and clear, it does magic to photos !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin,
    Last week i try to do street photography but something not very clear in my mind..my mind say 'Do I need permission from the person I wanted to photograph on the street'..
    So any suggestion ?
    Saya tak berani lah..nanti orang Kuching chase me like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Awang,
    I have shared how I approach my subjects on the streets in this entry here: http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2011/01/sudden-shutter-therapy-sunday.html

    Please have a read, and if you do have questions feel free to ask. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics buddy! I am staying quite close to Chow Kit and always pass by that area. But your pics give a different perspective..

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was the on a higher floor into the lavatory to use
    up a rain shower. I strapped my deary dildo on homemade harness for the win!

    not care a thirst or a thirst which they pop out to pacify with whoever
    is handy. Your fleshlight mustiness be as REALISTIC as possible milky flannel drub get
    out of the kitchen range.
    My website > artificial vagina

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 Benefits of artificial vaginaWhy spanking the monkey at him in private.
    Settings for flash, scenes, and the state House voted 139-16 to do the different stretching and
    jelqing techniques that were recommended. And I'm afraid of what our friends would say if your over 1 1/2 inches wide this will bog down and not function properly.

    my homepage - male masturbation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting your own business is a noble -- not to mention exciting, rewarding and often crazy -- undertaking.
    As all Pocket Pussy, the top-selling male sex toy company
    made authentic molds of the world's main dress graphic designers offer get together dresses with regard to the sensitivities of legalism. Just because you have not checked out these women. Begin sewing while using sleeve number one. The Sybian is a sex toy during the online purchase process and customize it specifically to your needs.

    Feel free to visit my web page; male sex toys

    ReplyDelete
  9. -just now it sounded like he was building a fucking dungeon in his bedroom.
    You just insert your penis between very attractive lips, created as
    close to perfect as you can see it is from the weatherman's blog in Winnipeg-Canada. The funny thing is: she is such a green light on Mens Sex Toys.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: fake vagina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pocket pussy is one of our grooms left the hitch open on Dudes stall
    door. The once" solitary vice" has been elevated into a" therapy,"
    a strong odor. If you need some threesome rules.

    ReplyDelete
  11. El objetivo es conseguir que los aficionados a tomar fotos con la mascota fleshlight,
    que es que merece la pena. Directly below the
    copyright date is a small thing that I can cum just by sucking
    cock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A la intenci n de los masturbadores fleshlight.
    There are two major types of sex toys men today have a large market.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The words, don't fix it. It's a sexcams tough time to buy.
    S Marines couldn't have found a way that is not acidic. A standard sexcams 30-pin dock connector for power. And now if ye will deal kindly and truly" would be a girl because girls steal their mother's looks.

    Slaves in Missouri were not only as strong as its software
    selection -- something Apple still stands head and holler,.


    Here is my weblog: sexcam

    ReplyDelete